Hot Exhaust

Guest oldgitmk1

I stepped back onto the exhaust while I was at Le Mans one year, while I was carrying an armful

of camping gear. It burnt so badly that after 2 hours it didnt hurt anymore.

So I went to the first aid post, luckily I spoke enough French to explain what had

happened, but I got a clue how bad it was when the lovely volunteer red cross lady took off the

bandage I had put on, smothered in Sudocream. She went very white & handed me off to

her professional colleague. Luckily it didnt get infected, but driving back was a nightmare.

Let's be careful out there...

Thanks for putting up that film, Richard. Didn't realise how close I came to a serious injury --- badly burnt fore arm on silencer after 3 quick laps of Donnington in an Mk demo -- back before they tried to convert the circuit for F1.

pinto is slightly better as exhaust is drivers side so i know not to drop my hand onto it and be careful when i step out. If you park in a street slighty more likely to park with the exhaust not next to the pavement. But i guess in a carpark just as likely to have someone step against it.

I was pondering this very problem the other day. Might get some stickers like posted above.