Switched Earth - Acewell Dash

Hi all

School boy question coming up so please excuse the basic nature of it....

Just bought a new acewell digital dash and most of the wiring is simple. However when connected and turned on it just flashed red and green at me - which leads me to believe i did something wrong.

The piece i fudged was for the temp. It has two wires for the temp sensor and earth. There is then another wire labeled temp - which goes to a switch earth - i just earthed this permanently which i assume is giving me the issue.

Can someone advise on how to make this switched - assume a relay but would be good to know what to connect where so i get it right second time round!

Thanks

Simon

Was looking for the wiring diagram on acewells site but its not there can you show a photo of the wiring diagram?

there is also a "contact us" on acewells home page if needed

D

Doesn't make much sense, but looking at some of their OTHER product manuals it suggests it's some sort of over-temperature warning. So when some external switch connects to earth, the dashboard will warn you that temperature is high.

The temp gauge/sender is clearly wired through the white lead so it strikes me that your "TEMP -" pin can just be left unconnected... it presumably controls the operation of the temperature warning light... via some temperature switch rather than a variable sender.

• Like 1

Having worked out how to download the image and turn it rather than my screen I have to agree with brumster, that wire is probably a warning trigger and does not need to be connected. Maybe the flashing red and green is the warning! Just disconnect it, it should not affect the functionality of the rest of the dash.

Guest mr D

Sorry for late reply just back from Eire agree with above I suppose you could fit some sort of hi limit temp stat if you really wanted that function

Best wishes

D