Twin Webers Question

maw

I was running a 38dgas carb on my race tuned stage 3, 2.1 pinto. I wanted the growl & smoothness of twin webers.

I sourced some & had them re-built by Russ at TorqueTune. We test fitted them last week (with a few bits of engine bay customisation). I'm heading back so Russ can drill the inlet manifold so I can get my servo brakes back! The webers still need setting up correctly which leads me to my question...

When idling in the garage all is fine, but when I'm driving & I depress the clutch to come to a stop at the junction the revs drop & the engine stalls. Is this because the timing & set-up has not been completed yet?

I'm learning all the time & really appreciate everyone's help!

Guest Gargoil

I had the same problem on the 38/36 carb fitted to my pinto 2.1 recently. Some of the gents on the forum thought it might be dirt in the carb. I haven't got round to a strip down yet but ran plenty of carb cleaner and Redex through the system and it does seem to have improved but not eliminated it.I still find it strange that it will sit there and idle all day long but cut out at a junction.