Not Having The Best Of Luck These Past Few Weeks

agent_zed

So i think someone is testing me by throwing little challenges at me.....

Sorry this is long and rambling.

So back a couple of months ago my bmw failed mot on air-bag light (and a few less important things) so i thought i'd take it to bmw and get the air bags replaced as there was a recall notice on them. This didn't solve the problem.

The bmw garage washed the car for free and when i picked it up they handed me the mirror glass that had fallen off. I don't know why they didn't put it back on as it was fine when i left it but no big deal as such.

This didn't solve my airbag light problem so i bought a seat bypass thingy. That didn't solve my problem.

My brother had an ecu reader but i couldn't get it off him so i bought a elm327 bluetooth one off ebay.

This connected to my dads citreon, but not my bmw or GFs polo. I can only assume it speaks french not german!

So i bought a usb cable version only to realise it was for flashing the ecu not diagnosing a problem. So wasted more money there.

Finally got my brothers one and cleared all errors but didn't cure the problem.

Oh it also failed on emissions but i think i sorted that as it had jumped a tooth on the inlet cam. I managed to wangle it back into place. but this doesnt help as the above is still broken :(

So i started using the 2b for comuting work but this needed the head taking off as it wasn't running correctly.

Discovered bent valve as i'd dropped a nut in the manifold last year when i fitted the 2 ltr cam and had the head off, so replaced valve and new head gasket.

New head gasket leaked along the seam as it was cheap and naff and i shouldn't have used it.

So off with that one and on with a new one.

was an idiot and didn't check oil so oil light came on a few times on commute as low oil. hopefully haven't done any damage.

Running better but carb is a bit messed up so was running rich for a long time.

Ran out of fuel on way home :(

0.5mile from garage :)

no fuel cans for sale :( brother came to rescue.

filled up with fuel next day and returned home after work. smelt petrol... leaking around fuel filter.

New fuel pipe over the wknd.

Back to work running well on way in and way home until... 0.5mile from home notice temp rising a bit. Pulled into drive ... PSSSSHHHHHHH steam from bonnet and water spraying out of lower water pipe split. This was this week, so a job for tomorrow so i have a car for monday.

Bought new car :) (to replace bmw not 2b) brother works for car auctions so got a good deal on a peugeot 3008 :) should have picked it up today...

brother noticed a new dent after the auction :( some idiot moving the car around the lot must have bashed the bottom of the door so that is being mended before i can have it. :(

So instead of picking up new car i went to put the new carpet down in my kids room :)

carpet was meant to be 3m wide but only 2.7 so doesn't fit :( has to go back.

But the underlay is down and the spare piece was big enough to go under the rug in the lounge to stop my little boy bashing his head on the floor if he falls over :)

This evening my little boy decides to throw up for only the second time in 7.5 months (can't really complain as he is pretty awesome generally) over the rug and some goes through to the new bit of underlay. So had to vax carpet clean the rug and underlay this evening.

Working on the central heating today and i noticed the timer for the immersion doesn't now seem to be working :(

I am now wondering what else lies ahead for this wknd. perhaps i shouldn't try and tempt fate and do any wiring or anything else remotely dangerous.

still got to smile :crazy:

• Like 1