Engine Out Of Tune, Head Gasket Gone?

Guest subaru

No a standard comp tester won't work as the plug recesses are too small to get the end into, even though the threads would work. Mine's a cheap push fit one, which makes testing a 2 man job but easy, and cheaper. Take the one you bought back to Halfords.

I will be up the M40 definitely soon. I'll let you know. In the meantime work on getting the laptop connected then we can work over the phone.

Cheers, Andy

Hi Andy,

phew i thought i was being a complete idiot with the tools, If you can make it that is cool but if not, no worries. I will speak to the folk at Emerald. thanks chris

Chris

Whilst having a tidy up in the garage yesterday I came across this - which could explain your problems if you've been trying to connect via a standard serial - usb adapter. Hope not, but a call to Emerald may help.

I may be coming down on Wednesday but not sure yet, will let you know.

Thanks

Emerald_usb_warning.pdf

• 1 month later...

Happy to report a great outcome. A good man at Steve Hill Motorsport by the name of Gerald has my car running very well again, it just so happens that he runs an emerald ecu on his bmw. The cause was a disc that had blown off the top of one of the throttle bodies. He also reset the fuel pressure to 3bar from 4.5 and now has the idle set at a solid 950. This all for only charged 2 hours labour at around 120 quid. i am very happy to have found a bunch of guys in the Aylesbury area who love playing with ECU,s. Happy dayz chris