Heated Seats

Guest Roy P

Thanks but I'm not going to risk it.

Fortunately, I've just discovered the wonders of down-filled jackets. It was 4 degC this morning and I was just about comfortable...should be better when I finally get a roof and doors.

That's almost a Summers day up here time to be taking jacket off, I hate driving with the roof on as the visibility is terrible and you spend all your time wiping away condensation. I am going to try a surrey this winter.

• Like 1

Don't worry, it's not a full roof (too expensive) - my Surrey top is on order from SoftBits (they already made it but the wrong size :-(, so it's gone back for a 2nd attempt).

I've made wind deflectors but they aren't a huge help and half doors may be fine on the move but I can imagine getting very wet sitting in a traffic jam (based on testing this out by opening my windows in my tin top during heavy rain - you get surprisingly wet).

Admittedly, I can see access even with a Surrey top being tricky, especially as I am a bit of a salad-dodger but I don't understand how anyone does without a roof in this country - it can be 30 degC when you leave home and be torrential rain 50 miles down the road. I don't want to have to think about the weather when I go out for a drive...

Depends what sort of controller the seats use too. If its resistance in series like the wiper speed control it shouldnt cause issue, but if its electronic duty cycle switching it will spike the hell out of the supply. A feed direct from the battery and a suppressor in the leads close to source will smoooooth the problem for the Ecu.

Depends what sort of controller the seats use too. If its resistance in series like the wiper speed control it shouldnt cause issue, but if its electronic duty cycle switching it will spike the hell out of the supply. A feed direct from the battery and a suppressor in the leads close to source will smoooooth the problem for the Ecu.

It will be whatever is cheapest - it wasn't an expensive item :-)

Lol fair play. Both are cheap these days with China churning out everything on mass. Its unlikely they would do anything to suppress feedback to the supply either way. Mainstream cars these days have far more stable electrical systems than your average kit by far too, especially the questionable quality GBS looms you can buy. Shocking (no pun intended)

I know most people give poor reviews of roof and doors, but I find getting in and out only a little awkward, minimal misting (no heater) and a reasonable view. I have plenty of head room (6ft 4"), leg room and can wear any shoes to drive. I generally only use my home made surrey these days, as the roof and doors seem to stop the warm air from the engine coming into the cabin, so it's a lot colder.

Nick

I researched it quite a while ago and came to coclusion these were the best (if not the cheapest) . Never got round to ordering and fitting though, so no experience.

https://www.dometic.com/en-gb/uk/products/safety-and-security/driving-support/heating-comfort?at=campingand4wd