Beware.. 2B V5 Says Dutton

maccavvy

I sent seller a message asking how a Robin Hood could be registered as a Dutton and he replied "The person who built it was going to build a Dutton then changed his mind, all the details on the V5 are correct except the name Dutton, i insure it with Adrian flux and they are fine with it"I have told him that it should have gone through IVA but I have had no reply.

This is so wrong. This is purely someone who has bought a dutton and nicked the vin number and plates from it

Some poor sod will buy this and get it crushed and loose everything !! People that do this are not welcome here .

The thing is the dutton owners club are very hot on this so they will inform vosa and in a few weeks someone will get a visit and loose some serious money and make this club look bad cos he or she won't say o I bought one of them robin hoods and got knocked they will tell everyone they know I bought one of them s*it robin hoods it was a ringer there all sh*t don't get one !!

I don't see how it can reflect badly on us as a club. We always point out how these cars are misrepresented and warn people off buying them. They've always been around, it's just that they're getting flushed out now and rightly so.

Got this today from the dutton owners club !!

Hi my name is Daryl Heasman ,I will be coming to look at all the cars tax discs at Stoneleigh , I deal directly with DVLA's criminal investigation unit regarding the cloning of Dutton cars , I will also be going to see the Jago Jeep club as they have this problem also .

Guest bigeein

Hi guys ,

Its because of this I have joind the forum . I am looking for a kit car just getting into it , I know my way around engines and cars but not so smart when it comes to kits and self builds .

I'll be honest here , i did consider going for a look at this one but the story didn't add up .

Hanks for the heads up , another bullet dodged there ,.

That's what this great clubs here for !!!

There's loads of really great people on here.

Any car your prob going to look at on auction sites you can bet someone on here's already talking about it

No question is silly but all banter is welcome.

If you see something you like ask away at least you'll know what your getting ( good and bad points ) also any known probs and how other people solved them .