Alluminium Rod

Guest dinger

I have been looking to have some spacers made for the rear diff rather than using washers to secure it so I went down the local engineers today to price me up 4 spacers 23mm outside diameter with an inside diameter of 12mm and 16mm long,

I nearly fell on the floor when he quoated me £100, I questioned the price and its that price as he has to cut 4,

I've just found a company that sell alluminum rod online, All I will have to do it cut it to length and drill a hole through it, simple me thinks. a Meter length of rod in 23 diameter from this company costs £20 delivered.

metal rod

Thought I'd mention them as it may come in handy for others.

what a bleeping bleep bleep!!!

I made 5 in 10 mins tops on a lathe. Jee's some people want shooting!

on a helpfull note, mine where 17mm thick on the o/s and 15mm on the n/s. 22mm on the rear. centralise your diff and measure each side...... you never know. lol.

Nick.

Guest Botbuilder

If you are ever stuck for little pieces like that send me a drawing and I'll knock them up for you. I've usually got small bits of aluminium about. It'll only cost you the postage. :good:

Also Ebay is pretty good for buying and ferrous or non ferrous materials.

If you are ever stuck for little pieces like that send me a drawing and I'll knock them up for you. I've usually got small bits of aluminium about. It'll only cost you the postage. :good:

Also Ebay is pretty good for buying and ferrous or non ferrous materials.

Thats very good of you, thanks.

After searching ebay, thats where I got it from in the end.