Noises From Gear Box Area

Guest subaru

Guest chris brown
is there any way the two couplinks forming the uj can be split whilst in the car.

In a word no. you need the prop off the car (not that difficult) once off if you are not sure what you are doing then take it to a small independent garage and get them to change the UJ's which BTW are standard ford items.

While you are at it also make sure there is a way of getting to the grease nipples as they do need attention with a grease gun regularly. I do mine about every 6 months or so and have cut a 50mm hole in the floor directly under the front UJ as I have a 2 post ramp so its easy to walk around underneath but an access panel in the tunnel side will do the same job

Guest subaru

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the advice. What is the easiest way to get the prop out. I need to move the diff 25mm to get clearance. Some say i need to take the drive shafts out but i think there may be enough movement in them to allow me to jack the diff up to clear the prop.

cheers chris

• 2 weeks later...
Guest subaru

Thanks every one for your support. I have the prop out, in the end just lifted the diff up and out she came. Just got get the old girl back to rude health.

cheers chris