Cleaning Cast Aluminium

richardm6994

I'm starting to look ahead and at cleaning the aluminium cast body of the Eaton supercharger.

It's in good condition, but nevertheless it is 'dull' and shows some signs of white oxide.

What would be the best solution for cleaning the charger body to bring it up as new? I don't want to dip it into any solutions because I don't want anything going inside the charger body.

Guest mower man

Abit extreme but I used to clean cyl heads from Duetz deisel engines in a caustic solution after degreasing with hot pressure wash ,after 30 mins wash off with lots of water they would come up like new but dont forget they are in there ,did it once left some in o/night all that was left was valve guides and seats!!!!! :bad: mick :crazy:

Guest mcramsay

Haha, whatever they put in there brings Ali back to a gleaming finish, with a bit of rubbing with scotch brite! Just wear rubber gloves, it makes any little cuts on your fingers sting for 3 weeks minimum.