• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest John Walton

Hi Takumi.

Barkston 2006.

The plan........so far.

I hope to organise at least to weekends at barkston in 2006.

Pick up the thread on the last one, it was a cracker, camping, beer bbq, cart racing and a day at Barkston sprint track. Loads of bang for your buck.

I am also trying to find a long track for one event, but this will cost more than Barkston. Knowing how careful Hoodies are with money (Tight) it is a cas of finding the right place for the right price.

Any suggestions or help is most welcome. :ph34r:

Guest docter fox

how about some sort of airfield day? I've heard that other clubs have hired an old airfield and set out the circuit themselves, could be confusing but with an early start and some good preperation I'm sure it would be good :) I'll try and find out more details...

lots of "bang for your buck" is definately important :D

There has been the occasional car club meet at the disused airfield that i am based at, still being a Government site you would have to have third party liability insurance and possibly ambulance cover and some fire marshals with extinguishers. Then be able to set out a course with cones or tyres Satureday morning and have it all cleared up by Sunday eve. Probably not disimilar to what you get at Barkston.

Will enquire wether the airfield is still available for this type of event and what the club would need to provide. We have an annual 4x4 event on site, a gliding club and a variety of Driver training going on.

If i get a possitive response from the site managment, we would need to form a group of people to administer the event and i would want club officials involved and as much advise on the form of the event from those with experience of Barkston.

Big iffs but if this goes forward we have accomodation on site and the possibilities of the social club opening although i would think that we would start small and see what happens.

Guest salty_monk

John,

Have you checked out http://www.llandow.com/

prices here http://www.llandow.com/prices.htm

Worked out about £60 a head for a full day when I went. It's open circuit rather than a sprint track. Length is about 1.4km, it's longer & higher speed on Barkston, I could get the 'Pillock' up to about a ton on the straights (only to be blown away by a brand new Porsche 911...).

Only downside is the distance to travel, but actually not a lot different for some of us southerners & a lot better for some....

Dan :)

Guest salty_monk

Now ask Nigel how far he drove for the pleasure of your company at Barkston... :lol:

It's always going to be closer for some than others... For me this is about 30 miles further than Barkston...

Guest docter fox

I'm not complaining, I'd happily travel that far for Nigel's company :)

esp as this track would mean overtaking/being overtaken etc.. I've never really had the chance for a good side by side with another hood :)

Guest salty_monk

Actually it's "kind of" no overtaking. You have to let people by if they are quicker than you on the straights to avoid accidents or you get black flagged :)

Certainly more chance of damage than at Barkston however it was only the idiots who were all over the place that did any real damage on the day I went...