Renault Laguna 1.9Dci Injection Light

sj-bradley

Ok, so it's not "Hood" related, but it IS an engine problem - Mine :(

I have a 55 plate Renault Laguna diesel estate 1.9 dCi (useful to collect kit parts etc) which has

developed a "Check Injection" warning light and has lost most of the useful power.

It seems to be in a "maintence" mode or "get you home" mode so it runs albeit fairly roughly.

I wonder if anyone can help point me in the right direction - I.e what it could possibly be?

I have read that the EGR valve / sensor could need cleaning and I've checked the glow plugs which seem fine at 0.6 ohms and cleaned the electrical connections as a preliminary test with no luck.

I have also tried (a simple) OBD II code reader with no joy as well - (No codes).

I will be able to check the EGR on saturday to see if that helps. I have booked a diagnostic with a local garage but would like to try and understand this problem before then if possible.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,

Simon.

Guest garyfelton

Hi Simon,

EGR valves can be problem on these engines so it is worth checking that the valve is closed. Another common problem is the turbo actuator solenoid pipes can fall off either the turbo actator or the soleniod its self. The solenoid is located on the drivers side by the engine mounting. Check to see if you have a black mark on the rear bumper by the exhuast tail pipe as this could indicate a problem with the turbo main pipes or intercooler leak, this was a problem on early cars but yours should have a later intercooler.

HTH Gary

Guest woolly

had a real hate relationship with one of them dam thaings.

simular lights etc. all started with a hole in the intercooler

yes all as gary said

• 3 weeks later...

Solved !

Instead of a new part costing around £75 - I managed to get a used one from E Bay for about £18. It turned out to be the TMAP sensor on the top of the pipe from the intercooler to the inlet.

I did a google about that part - It is *not* a repairable item :) It's a complicated strain gauge for pressure and combined with a temperature sensor as well.

I would have to go and pick the "non standard" laguna - the 130 hp which has a different MAP sensor, different EGR valve. (Actually this one is easier to block off than the original and it is also cleaner and clogs up less than the original too ! - Except as I have now blocked this off it should be no problem anymore :) )

Anyway, I'm happy that it has sorted out the problem. I now have to wait for the next one ....

Simon.

• 8 months later...

Hi

i have a 130 laguna 1.9 dci too same sympons, how did you identify the tmap sensor?

Many Thanks

Louis

What, te location or the fault? I had the fault diagnosed by a garage which of course cost me I think £50, but they wanted to replace the sensor at a cost of £75 for the part. I found a similar part on eBay for a lost less so I thought I would try that. It worked and saved me over £50 !

The engine I have is the more powerful 130hp which means none of the 120hp stuff fits :( Typical !

Simon.

Guest Louis Dare

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the reply, especially as the thread is now quite old.

I'll get a fault reader on it. I did mean how did you identify the fault, however if it does turn out to be the same ie the map sensor easy to find? Is it in the engine bay. Ive searched a few times on ebay and each time I get about 3 different map sensors but none really seem to clearly indicate 130hp version or 120hp. I'm going to block off the EGR too.

Dan, I've only had it 3 weeks, sold my 1999 XK8 when my daughter was born in November. Wondering if I've made a mistake getting a Renault.

Thanks again,

Louis

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the reply, especially as the thread is now quite old.

I'll get a fault reader on it. I did mean how did you identify the fault, however if it does turn out to be the same ie the map sensor easy to find? Is it in the engine bay. Ive searched a few times on ebay and each time I get about 3 different map sensors but none really seem to clearly indicate 130hp version or 120hp. I'm going to block off the EGR too.

Dan, I've only had it 3 weeks, sold my 1999 XK8 when my daughter was born in November. Wondering if I've made a mistake getting a Renault.

Thanks again,

Louis

i had no problems with my 01 scenic just the 05 megane ! 60000miles and the engine/ gearbox were in a poor state sold it while it still run

The Map / temperature sensor is easy to find on the 130hp version. It's right on top in the boost pipe from the turbo on the aluminium tube.

One bolt holds it on and mine was a four wire connector.

Tip: DON'T drop it down into the engine bay as you will need to remove the under tray to get it back .... :) (I know ... !)

Simon.

Guest Louis Dare

The Map / temperature sensor is easy to find on the 130hp version. It's right on top in the boost pipe from the turbo on the aluminium tube.

One bolt holds it on and mine was a four wire connector.

Tip: DON'T drop it down into the engine bay as you will need to remove the under tray to get it back .... :) (I know ... !)

Simon.

Hi Simon,

Thanks so much for your help, I'll have a good look over the weekend,

Thanks again,

Louis