Haynes Roadster Chassis

Guest 2b cruising

Guest 2b cruising

Hi all. Does anybody have a chassis rear end and suspension detailed drawing for a Sierra based Haynes Roadster. A link to such, or the sale of the build manual would be great.

I want to look into adopting my Robin rear end with a set of their wishbones and uprights.

Hi,

I've got this as one of my future plans for my 2b. One of the problems i can see at the moment is that the haynes system has the coilover coming straight up off the top of the hub. On the 2b the rollbar is forward of this so you can't put it straight to the rollbar.

What i wondered about doing was making a frame which anchors into the rollbar but has a fixing to the rear for the suspension mount. It would need a crossmember to the other side to spread the load i reckon. The other thing i think to do that would be to move the suspension mount on the hub so it is forward of the centreline. I think it would just be a case of welding a flatbar up the side for the new hole and using the one original.

I had envisaged it as a (removable?) subframe which would use the 2 exisiting forward bottom mounts the sierra frame uses. the frame would come up and around and go into the rollbar tubes (with the bar across as mentioned above). The diff would be held as per the haynes book except that the top rear tube would be redesigned to go behind the existing 2b angleplate and bolt into the diff sandwiching it all together. I then thought to bring 2 more tubes down to the rear lower chassis member. The very bottom would then look like an X with the diff in the middle if you get what i mean?!

The new subframe would then have 6 points of contact with the 2b frame.

Pm'd you ;)

Guest 2b cruising

Great minds eh.

I want to get rid of the frame and two mega heavy swinging arms.

Maybe cutting out parts of the tubular frame and mounting new to Haynes specs.

Got lots of other things to do this winter though as in Z20 let engine to start with. Moving or modding the h/brake lever. Change over to led except heads. Change headlamps to four small mat black ones. Half way through nose cone mods with grille and running lights. Finnish that bit tomorrow as good weather forecast for mid week. Oh yes possible new front leather heated seats. New center console.

Someone is going to get a good car by the time I'm all finished and going for something more sedate.

Coffin probably. LoL.

Edited by 2b cruising