Midlands Run To Wales 11Th To 13Th August 2017

richyb66

I might organise a pre-Wales shakedown run on the last weekend this month, nothing too strenuous. Might see if any on the Leics lot want to meet and go somewhere.

I'm at Castle Combe for a track day the weekend before Wales, currently weighing up whether to play safe with the Audi or give the kit a hard time to make sure it'll be ok (hopefully by then anything that will break will have done already!) I'll give you a shout on Saturday as I'll probably be going somewhere Sunday to play hide and seek with the AA again :D I will be up for a shakedown the following weekend though providing it doesn't pack up over the week.

I might organise a pre-Wales shakedown run on the last weekend this month, nothing too strenuous. Might see if any on the Leics lot want to meet and go somewhere.

Count me in. I could do with a shake up

• 2 weeks later...

Less than 2 weeks to go so time for some final details. Last year's earlier start seemed to work well and helped us avoid the inevitable afternoon traffic so I'm all for keeping things the same.

Essentially this means meeting at Dobbies Garden Centre on the A5 at Bayston Hill, Shrewsbury SY3 0DA at 1100 and then continue on to Rhug Farm Shop on the A5 at Corwen LL21 0EH. Arrival time at Rhug should be between 1200 and 1230 so ideal for a lunch stop before continuing onward.

No doubt people will group up and travel to Rhug together, just let me know what's planned. I'll be at Rhug as usual from around mid-day. Currently I think we've got just over 30 people booked in but it's not too late to come along but you may have to camp as accommodation might be difficult this close to the date.

Intend to meet up with you all at Dobbies, after refuelling over at Sainsburys.

Will join your convoy for a few miles up the A5 but will be shooting off on the B4396 to collect my co-driver from Trefonen then we'll wend our own way down to Porthmadog to refuel for the Saturday run, before heading off to Nefyn.

Are we meeting up again Friday evening for an evening meal/drinks to be given details of the Saturday drive? If I remember correctly, we ate at the Cliffs Inn on the Friday evening last year.