New To The Forum

Guest sim

Hi everybody

Just about talked my wife to be to let me purchase a 2b base kit :D

so i may need some help from time to time as this is by far my biggest project unless ya count marriage

I was hoping to buy the extensive kit but thats a no go due to finances and a upcoming wedding lol so gotta make do with the base kit

my first question is apart from a donor car which other parts would i need to find to complete my RH

my second question is which parts do i actually need from the donor car

I'm hoping to order my 2b within the next month or so then will also upgrade my rhocar membership

I apologise for the questions in my first post

tia

regards

si

Guest salty_monk

Welcome. Joining the club is defo worthwhile. Plenty of advise & people may even come round & nick your hob nobs....

From the donor you should pretty much take everything you can think of & then a bit more... The only thing you should scrap is the shell, doors, glass, bumpers. Keep all the wiring, fixings, rubber, switchgear, cables, handbrake etc etc. Make sure you label it all up well.

It's much easier to chuck it out later than go search for the one bit you're missing.

If you can afford it go for the Gaz shock upgrade. You'll need them within about 3k miles anyway....

Dan :)

Guest paulh
Welcome to the forum

Might be worth hanging on until the new 'Hood' is available - or maybe they will have one on show at Stoneliegh Show

Anyone got any info on the new "Hood"?

Is it going to be at the budget end of the GBSC range?

Roughly how long is it going to be before GBSC start to sell it?

Guest paulh
they are selling it, they've sold a few already.

So they are not so hot on updating the website then??

Where about's does it fit into the current range? What's it's price etc...

This is turning into a bit of a thread hi-jack, sorry!

Maybe someone could help sim out with his original post!!

I get the impression that the website isn't really much of a priority for GBSC; it hasn't changed for over a year. They show the 'range' of kits available, but haven't sold a lightweight or a Superspec for months!

Guest salty_monk

Sim,

I'm with one of the comments above.... either go for the new "Hood" or alternatively buy a part built 2b & rebuild it. You might find that by going the latter route you can afford almost the complete kit at the price of a budget one without the hassle of the donor to deal with....

yes, i am also very surprised rh haven't updated their site. I'd suggest it was an extremely important advertising medium, of not the most important!

I don't anything about the kit contents, but i should imagine it will similar to the 2b, ie most things you'll need for going on the road, but you'll no doubt want a few extras. Design wise it is far superior to anything previously made, it is the car to go for, but i don't know what it costs.

Guest erichetherington

Being as they don't reply to emails asking ti buy parts why would they update the website?

Sorry to join in the hijack of this thread!

I'd look for a part built if I was starting again, then try to drive the seller into yhe ground on price :o :o :o sorry

Guest salty_monk

Sim,

What's your budget. £2000 - 2500 can buy a part built 2b with all the bits ready to go... Just the SVA fees to pay. If you look around you can sometimes get an S7 for £1,000 as a rolling chassis....

Thanks for the replies guys

I would prefer a new one rather than a part built i'd like to start from scratch and build it up myself

but gave me something to think about the new hood maybe i wait till newark show see if they have one there

cheers

si

Guest turbo

only an insane person would think of building a robin hood :huh:

i just saw a bargain here last week for £3250 :D

lets see now

kit £3800

extra goodies £2 or £3k

me at £10 per hour say £900

your soon to be devorce £wauw

think about it :D ;)