600Cc Bike Carbs Onto A Pinto 2L

Guest F1 2ERO

Guest F1 2ERO

I've had this problem for quite a long time. I got the carbs from RH Richard and was told they were ready to go. The problems I have are the engine backfires when the throttle is dead (not accelerating or slowing) there is a very strong smell of fuel ( it is dissolving the air filter) I have been told that I need to get new jets or it's a fuel pressure regulator. I'm not sure which way to go has anyone had similar problems or do you have any ideas?

Bike carbs run at very low pressure and so you are best running the fuel pump from the same bike as the carbs came from. No two cars are ever the same and so the setup on the carbs may be good enough to get it going you still need to get them properly setup for your car.

Hi.

I have ZX6r bike carbs on my pinto. I have a facet fuel pump and a pressure regulator set to 1.5 psi. Most bike carbs can suffer a max of about 3psi.

I have a Sytec regulator which cost less than £30 and a Facet red top fuel pump, which will run at about 7psi. I needed the red top to get the fuel flow levels as the original Facet posi flow has almost the right pressure (max 4 psi) but didn't deliver enough flow as I found out on the first rolling road session!

I then had it set up on a rolling road, which involved drilling out standard jets.

Guest F1 2ERO

Hi thanks for the help does anyone know a good place in north Kent Gillingham to have the Zero set up on a Dyno / Rolling road and also where I can get the suspension set up.