Rear Bumper

Guest Sharky

Hi

Has anyone ever fitted a rear bumper of any sort to a Zero? Or even thought about it? The 2B peeps all have a wheel carrier, but the Zero has nowt...

I was just thinking that fog and reversing light are a bit vulnerable and maybe a little nudge bar of some ilk might be in order.

I was thinking of something made out of 1" round steel tube, arranged as two parallel horizontal bars across the back about an inch and a half apart with plates welded to make suitable mounts, then bent in towards the wheel arches with suitable bungs in the ends. Then I would bolt this to a couple of strap brackets which are in turn bolted into the underside of the rear frame work.

Can anyone see any glaring problems with that kind of set up? Or am I barking up the wrong tree (or just barking)?

Standing by .... photos would be nice!

Regards

Sharky

Find another tree Sharky, lol,

Next he'll be wanting Heaters,front bumpers,roof and electric windows.

On a serious note,

I hadnt even given it a thought that I might reverse into something or someone might hit the rear lights when I'm parked,

Get out in the garage Shaky as I think you have had too much time to think.

Ahh the gathering of the usual suspects! I'm tekking me ball in!! B)

You may mock, but I think there is some merit in this idea, so I shall be in the garage with chalk and tape measure if anyone needs me!

Alan! Alaaaaan!

Reverse in to some thing it does happen " OOPS "

Been there done that twice !!

A big tow ball helps protect the car reversing.

Stephen

Now Steve,

I wasnt going to mention your reversing incidents but as you have brought them to light I thinks it is now an open forum, Lol

There is nothing better than a reversing sensor with a big metal ball on the end, However, we all might need design a front bumper to protect our nose cones at shows and trips to that there London,

Sharkey,

On a serious note, Please dont make something that looks like it should be on a sparton.