Seatbelt Fastening

Guest 26dave0

Guest 26dave0

well spent along day on the 2b putting wright someone elses wrongs.had to strip down all front suspesion set up boath sides so i could bend over front panels at the bottom edge and make a neater job around wishbone box sections.anyway my question is on the inner seatbelt points just wonder how best to fasten them down.there is a section of angle running under the car that the rear seat bolts will go through will it be ok to bolt through this with the inner seatbelt bolt through the floor into the angle.also noticed the outside seat bolt boath sides comes through near enough on the suspension cups under neath the car.another problem.thank's dave

Guest peter2b2002

on my 2b for the inner seat belt bolts , I used a 4"x4" 5mm plate bolted to the angle iron(needs to be full width) as a anchor for the seat belt bolts, for the outer mounts , on the chassis there is a bracket that the outer belt mounts bolt onto, the nuts for the belt bolts need to be fixed to the bracket/plate so that the belts can be removed/unbolted

peter2b

My inner belt mounts go through a piece of 30mm by 30mm angle iron that support the rear seat mounts. It bolts between the the tow rear chassis plates that support the rear axle de-dion tube. It also support the handbrake cable ouetr sleeve fittings.