Wobbly Seats

nelmo

I've got Intatrim seats on universal runners but they're quite wobbly. I think this is because they are effectively sitting on the 4 nuts that go through the floor, rather than being flat to the floor, if that makes sense.

What I mean is, after fixing the runners to the seats, I put a bolt through the runner with a nut to tighten it against the runner. Then that bolt goes through the floor to the final nut and washer underneath.

If I don't have that nut, I can't tighten the nut underneath but that nut is, i think, causing the wobble.

Is this normal? Have I got this right or am I doing something wrong?

The floor needs proper reinforceing where the bolts go through the floor.

I have 1inch angle iron spreading the load.

I have a bolt through the runner clamped with a nut then a second nut to a penny washer and through the floor to the angle iron where it has a further nut to clamp the angle firmly.

The 2 nuts either side of the floor allow some adjustment to get the seat level.

The angle iron is further bolted to the floor in several places spreading the load.

+ just noticed from your blog picture

Put the washers next to the floorpan - i.e. on the inside of the car that nyloc is just to give clearance and stop the bolt falling out during installation - the penny washer needs to be next to the floor rather than next to the runner.

Arrgh, you're right! Why didn't I realise? Many thanks... and I'll get those bigger washers.