Will My Side Mirrors Pass Iva

Guest Jonnyround2003

Guest Jonnyround2003

I had to adjust the hight of the side mirrors but still not confident they are hight enough has anyone passed iva with this type of mirrors

post-13092-0-14613200-1428909865_thumb.jpeg

Difficult to see mirrors in your picture --- if you have right & left "wing" mirrors the central "windscreen" mirror is not required for IVA ( but still a good idea IMO )

One of my fail points from IVA was no central mirror. It MUST be fitted regardless of wing mirrors. Also, check the adjuster nuts as mine were flagged as sharp edges however some testers have not (better safe as you'll be gutted if its the only fail)

I used the Clint Eastwood method for mounting my mirrors.

Hang 'em High

You've got a better chance of seeing over and around your rear arches if your mirrors are mounted higher up. IVA tester used all the cones and poles and I passed no problem.

One of my fail points from IVA was no central mirror. It MUST be fitted regardless of wing mirrors. Also, check the adjuster nuts as mine were flagged as sharp edges however some testers have not (better safe as you'll be gutted if its the only fail)

My poor memory then, was sure at Florin's test the tester said " screen mirror didn't meet field of view requirements ; but that it didn't matter as wing mirrors did ".

Must check IVA manual --- when time permits & slumber eludes me.

Yeah I went with the, "I've got 2 mirrors with suitable view" approach, but apparently you need one unless the view is obstructed. tbf, once passed and my windscreen was fitted, the mirror didn't fit and I don't like the ones on the top of the windscreen. Never had any issues with visibility as wing mirrors were fine and not a lot was able to keep up lol

Guest Jonnyround2003

You can see over the wheel arches they were lower and you could not see over. I had to make new holes to raise them up really don't want to drill more aaahhhh

I was told by my examiner that the near side mirror is not required if the centre mirror covers the correct field of view. If this is not the case then the nearside mirror is required. Of course unless you can simulate the setup they have for testing, how would you know?

Nige