Multiple Doner Vehicle & Age Related Plate

Guest jgmoz

Guest jgmoz

Hi After a 25 year break from kit cars, I am in the process of planning a new build. Previously built a Westfield, but this time am drawn to a GBS Zero.

My question that I would ideally want to retain an age related plate but want to understand the requirements for this.

The engine (Zetec) would be coming from a ford focus that I currently own and hence have the V5. As I would be going down the ford route for the build I would also purchase a sierra again to be the holder of the V5 for the additional donor parts. If these are all declared on the V627/1 build up form. Would the new vehicle be eligible for an age related plate?

Assistance on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

John

You just need some of the main parts to have a known history, the engine being a main one and you're fine there. If you get a Sierra doner with a V5, also good but I believe if you bought reconditioned bits (gearbox, diff etc) and had invoices for them, that would also be fine.

If you're thinking GBS, give them a call - they can give you a definitive answer.

Edited by nelmo