gaz0571

booked sprint day for sept 18th which is a tuesday,due to cost..

i have 7/8 places available for anyone interested £40.00 per car for the whole day 9am 5pm,can have 2 drivers but limited to the amount of cars..

looking too see whos interested would need numbers by 28th week today.

for anyone who doesnt know curborough is just of a38 between lichfield and burton..

anyone interested just drop reply on this post any questions pm me or if u have my number give me ring................................

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Peter Kelly

Last time we had abut ten runs each all of which were timed.

I was not aloud to run until I had toned down my exhaust note with a lump of wire wool. (now sporting new quieter exhaust system.)

Last year we were invited by a club based in Wolverhampton but I believe the track belongs to a Shenstone based club.

Pete.

From what I understand speaking to Gaz, it's exactly the same format as when I last went in March with work (who paid for everyone on that occasion). If it is, then it will be like this:

You book the venue as an individual (so Gaz is effectively the organiser).

I think the limit is around 12 cars, Gaz has already spoke to his area members to get some 'definites' and now he's thrown it out to a wider audience to fill the remaining 7/8 places, of which 2 now seem to be filled.

There was no noise testing, we just turned up and drove. We only drove the short course that didn't include the start / finish stretch as the shorter course has a safer run-off if you have a mishap. See here for more details: http://www.curborough.co.uk/curbplan.htm

We took turns to marshall the entry / exit to the track to ensure there was only one car on at a time. We did 3 lap runs and we didn't do any timing although it wouldn't have been difficult to take a stopwatch.

In March we had the venue from 12-30 until around 4-30, there was around a dozen cars there and as we were prompt lining cars up and getting them on and off the track, everyone got plenty of goes. With a whole day and a dozen cars, you should easily get 10+ 3 lap runs in.

The facilities were a bit limited and it really down to everyone there to ensure it's a safe and fun day - which I've no doubt it will be. This offers excellent value for money and, as it's pretty informal, it would be a good introduction for anyone who's not done this sort of thing before.