Fitting 3.5V8 In Rbin Hood 2B

Guest Ian obrien

Guest Ian obrien

Afternoon all,

I'm new to the Robin hood club, recently purchased 29th June. Turns out the 3.5v8 in it was on its last legs so decided to fit another. My mechanic has really struggled to get the engine out. He has had to take it out almost piece by piece. My new engine is coming next week and he said its going to be even harder to fit it than it was to take it out. Anyone else done this? any tips I can pass on? any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Ian

No 2 cars are built the same and it probably wasn't built with taking it apart in mind. I can pull the V8 out of mine with only removing the exhaust manifolds from the engine but I have to remove the upper crossmember that spans the upper wishbone rear mounts. This was previously an angle welded to the chassis but is now a bolt in box section. Then the rad has to come out to allow the engine to slide forwards and get the cultch cover out of the bellhousing.

I've got a serpentine front cover and water pump which makes the engine shorter but basically all the RV8 blocks are the same overall sizes. I was also very careful when fitting the engine to try and make sure everything was as accessible as possible in case it had to be removed at a later date.