Plough Bar Adjustment

agent_zed

Hi,

i'm sure this has probably been answered on here (cant remember if i asked it many years ago) somewhere but the search returned nothing... anyhow i was wondering how easy it will be to adjust the plough bar on my 2b.

It sits very low and is significantly lower than my sump (shortened) and gearbox so i can't see the point of it being so low. What is the best way to adjust it. Cut and weld? or i had a feeling someone on here said they just jacked up the car on it and it bent upwards. Is this a bad idea as welds could be stressed? Perhaps Make it removable?

any advice appreciated

thanks

I cut mine off planning to fit a removable one if the chassis moved at all.

I made careful measurements & it hasnt moved in 10 years. The chassis is a sliding pillar

and has the big X chassis tubes in front of the rad. so that provides a great deal of strength.

hmm some food for thought. It doesnt hit that often but for example the other day there was a broken spring or something on the road that was a few inches high and it caught that and banged it around under the car. I tend to be on smaller roads so there is often quite a curve on the road so its even closer.

will have to give it some thought as i still want to be able to remove the sump, which is currently just possible lifting the engine a few inches.

thanks