Renault World Series Day @ Donington

Guest TerryBarry

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ian & Carole

Pleased I was unable to make it :mellow: :mellow:

Problem might have been made worse with all the worlds press decending on East Midlands Airport with the McCann's returning from Portugal today.

Ian J

mega ques but was really cheeky to car per marshall. saw bikes were parking outside donnington collection so asked if i could park with bikes result!!!! 100 yards from entrance and not too much traffic on way out

Guest Paul Morgan

Excellent weekend, great company as usual, thanks to all for making the weekend. Special thanks to Chris Brown for helping me with my little fueling problem on friday. Glad I made the decision not to go into the track today though, only took me 1hr 40 to drive the 95 miles back in the oposite direction as the rest of the trafic. when I left this morning at 11am I reckon there was at least 5 miles of standing traffic through castle donnington and back up the A50.

Paul

Great day out the sat nav took me though the back roads and I only had to que for half a mile :D My Bro took the A50 route and did'nt get in till 2 this afternoon stayed for a one race packed the kids in the car and set off to miss the traffic.

Pics of a spin off

Me and my pal set off at 08:00 in the tin-top and got to J24 by 09:20 ish. Then took 2 hours to go up the slip road and over the roundabout.

As I sat square-wheeled on the slip road (just about off the motorway) the traffic was really backing up in lanes one and two!

It's a miracle that nobody got killed. I saw one police car during the whole debacle - Absolutely useless!!!! :aggressive: :aggressive:

I don't care what "Lee Gill of Donington Ventures Leisure" says, they need to be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

No wonder they only ever had one F1 GP.

Bearing in mind what a nightmare it was getting out last year, we were so ticked off that we just got back onto the M1 again.

What a waste. 200 miles for nothing! :( :(

Guest sexyshortstuff

I paid nothing for this event apart from the petrol to get there!!!

...so there's no way im gonna complain about the traffic or how long it took me to get there coz once in, it was well worth it!

Aside from some great race events to keep you entertained, there was plenty goin on off track too. From chatting with the mechanics and generally having a nose around the race cars to checking out the paddock girls, and even chatting with DJ Goldie, you might know him as a James Bond villain.

more pic below;

post-2678-1189436408_thumb.jpg