C4 Grand Picasso 12V Feed In The Boot?

agent_zed

Hi,

just hoping that someone will know if there is a large 12v feed in the boot of a c4 grand picasso. We are just wiring up the towbar we fitted and now have to run a 12v feed from the battery so i was hoping there was something like a 12v auxilary socket wiring that is sitting in the boot wiring that is not being used.

thanks

It that case your probably need either a direct feed from the battery (with a split charge relay) or a proper towing harness. If the car wiring is CAN bus (which it probably is), I'd be wary of breaking into the existing wiring willy nilly as it might cause problems.

thanks guys. I'll have a look again to see if i can see the wiring loom and if it is a permanent live. It only needs 15amp which i would think the aux socket would cope with. This one doesn't have the socket but i wouldn't be surprised if the loom is there waiting.

It is CAN bus but we have gone for a by pass module that doesn't seem to affect any of the system so far. From what i've read the CAN bus is only really used for telling the ecu it is towing the trailor and adjust the ESP and turn off parking sensors (which we don't have), which i admit is important but we are only pulling a little trailor to the dump every now and then, not a cross continent caravan on motorways etc.

thanks

needed for the relay module as it uses a direct feed from the battery and the signal from each light just turns the relay on and off so you don't overload the lighting circuits.

We found what we believe to be the aux socket as it is quite a large cable that is live when the ignition is on. Would it be ok to only have trailer lights when the ignition is on?

thanks