Remote Oil Filter

Guest Jan

I have seen on ebay

REMOTE OIL FILTER ROVER K SERIES 220 TURBO MGF MG ZR

Does anyone know Will this fit the T Series engine as fitted in the super spec ??

All info gratefully received

Ta very much

I have seen on ebay

REMOTE OIL FILTER ROVER K SERIES 220 TURBO MGF MG ZR

Does anyone know Will this fit the T Series engine as fitted in the super spec ??

All info gratefully received

Ta very much

If you want a remote filter mounting I have a brand new one spare but if it is just to lift the filter clear of the deck then get the filter I sugested before

http://community.rhocar.org/index.php?show...mp;#entry172928

It is much shorter than the filter that came with the kit

Steve

If you want a remote filter mounting I have a brand new one spare but if it is just to lift the filter clear of the deck then get the filter I sugested before

http://community.rhocar.org/index.php?show...mp;#entry172928

It is much shorter than the filter that came with the kit

Steve

Hi STeve, Sorry I didnt realise it was a shorter filter, I managed to climb underneath and use the number on the existing filter to cross reference it in the end. How many pounds would you need for the remote kit? I assume you bought it to fit and then used the short filter, Wonder why you chose not to use it.

Thanks again and appologies for not reading the previous message fully.

Yan

Hi Yan

Yes you are correct, Jumped in with both feet and got a remote filter kit, then found out the filter needed for the remote mounting was a ford fitment. went into euro car parts to see what filters would fit and got talking to the guy there explaining that the existing filter was to long and i needed to fit a remote, he went into the stores and came out with a mondeo filter. It was at this point he also pulled out another filter and said "is this filter short enough it will screw straight on" not having the car with me i bought both just in case.

I now have a never used remote filter kit with mondeo filter spare :(

Yours if you want it £20-00 +p&p

Steve

Guest duncjuno

Hi Yan

As Redspec said, I also got a remote filter, and found that I only gained about 10mm extra clearance due to the pipe work needed to take the oil supply to the remote filter. So I abandoned the remote set up and I changed the Std Rover filter can for a much shorter one and gained a little over 25mm clearance - which is a lot better now. I also noticed that the romote filter and extra pipework took some while to charge to full oil presure, and I wasn't keen on this either.

Duncan

Hi Yan

Yes you are correct, Jumped in with both feet and got a remote filter kit, then found out the filter needed for the remote mounting was a ford fitment. went into euro car parts to see what filters would fit and got talking to the guy there explaining that the existing filter was to long and i needed to fit a remote, he went into the stores and came out with a mondeo filter. It was at this point he also pulled out another filter and said "is this filter short enough it will screw straight on" not having the car with me i bought both just in case.

I now have a never used remote filter kit with mondeo filter spare :(

Yours if you want it £20-00 +p&p

Steve

Hi Steve

Well now I have no idea what to do lol, I have seen a couple from the Essex group that have fitted the remote kit and was keen to follow in their footsteps but I wasn't sure about fitting a smaller filter in case it wouldn't cope with the flow or something along those lines. I'm very tempted to buy the remote kit from you but on the other hand its a lot less work to fit a smaller filter. I too have fitted a sump guard and was about to change the oil and filter on Sunday but then realised I would have to remove the guard before I could start so I went out for a drive instead, Brrr Freezin but good fun. Can I have a think on it and let you know about the Remote Kit??

Cheers Steve

PS Is that the end of a set of forks from a fork lift I can see holding the car up??

Hi Yan

As Redspec said, I also got a remote filter, and found that I only gained about 10mm extra clearance due to the pipe work needed to take the oil supply to the remote filter. So I abandoned the remote set up and I changed the Std Rover filter can for a much shorter one and gained a little over 25mm clearance - which is a lot better now. I also noticed that the romote filter and extra pipework took some while to charge to full oil presure, and I wasn't keen on this either.

Duncan

Thanks Duncan

I did wonder if there could be a problem charging the filter and of course would need to add a litle more oil, I think if I used a shorter filter it may be possible to remove the filter without having to remove the sump guard.

Thanks for the info its a case of make my mind up time, and Ive just bought two filters too ^_^

Streve

Like the sump Guard have you got a plan with dimensions etc, would like one of those

Regards

Nick

Hi Nick

PM your e-mail and i will see what I can do but it may take a few days before I can measure it (did not make a drawing when I fitted it)

Steve

Hi Nick

PM your e-mail and i will see what I can do but it may take a few days before I can measure it (did not make a drawing when I fitted it)

Steve

Hi Steve,

Could you send me details as well please?

PM on the way.

Cheers

Al