Ride Hieght On A 'spec

e666

Hi guys

Just thought I'd share this photo. Dropped the spec on the floor last night and took a look underneath to see the sump/oil filter clearance and I've got just 2 inches :blink: :blink: (of clearance that is ;) ).

Is that too low ? do you reckon ? thoughts please fellas

cheers

e

post-7-1113980255.jpg

Guest Battery Bill

2 inches is way too low, the snow plough on our 2B is about 3 and a half and still grinds away merrily on some of the bumpy bits. When we get our Gaz's that will raise it another 1/2 inch so we will be better then :D :D

IT's TOO low, as Dread found out recently, i would buy a remote filter kit and remove the risk, then i would see if i could gain a little height by winding up the shocks a little, also think about adding a sump guard to protect the rest,

Sorry to say but as it is, it will get lower as the suspension settles,

HTH

Mitch

Guest Dredd

I'll measure the distance on mine when I get home from work. I have had one fun fiulled moment as Mitch says, luckily only a filter and oil required to fix. Yours does look a little lower than mine tho.

Thanks for the input so far guys,

I'll be interested to see the clearance on your spec dredd. I havent adjusted the springs at all they are at their fullest extent, but I cant imagine getting much out of tightening them up??, but thats a job for the weekend anyway :)

Does anyone know if there is a dry sump kit, or mod for the T16 engine, cos that maybe a route to take at some point, but I cant find much in the way of any mods for the T16, loads for the K series tho :(

e

Guest allbejay

dry sump kits are quite easily availible on line but hey then your talking £££'s :p

I'd raise that if i were you, another thing remote oil filters are not so expensive and worth the effort in the long run <_<

Hi

thanks for that allbejay - Couldn't find anything for the T series but the K kits costs around £800... :o so i wont be going that route ;) I've got a call in re the remote filter.

Dredd - the top are in the inner position and the wishbone end is one away from the ball joint, so there is some scope there - just been in the garage and wound one of the springs about half way and I've got just under 3 inches - so i think I'll move the wishbone seat to the next one in and wind up both springs to about a third, that should do it B)

So many thanks for the input from everyone :wub: , panic over ^_^

Btw DREDD - I checked the rear end and floor to bottom edge of the side panel is 8.5 inches, with a load in the car, a bit off RS's 6 - 7 inches, and the wheel arch looks way too high (tho not fitted yet). Did you have to move the top seat of the shocks on yours ?

cheers

e

Guest Dredd

My end panel to floor measurement is a smidge under 10 ". I haven't altered any settings since collection. There is about 3" clearence from the tyre to arch rim at the rear.

Cool, I'll look you out.

Btw, spent most of saturday in the garage and managed to get 3inches now! :D But the passenger side front AND rear shocks are a pig to adjust, just keep rotating :angry: nearly had to go and buy a spring compressor just to get the nut to travel up the shaft.

e