Drag Racing

Guest red7

Anybody interested in a days Run What You Brung at York raceway next Spring? Cost is about £30 for the day giving you about 6 or 7 runs (it's enough).

I'm just trying to gauge the level of interest as I am putting next years event diary together.

Guest docter fox

I'm in :D

if you get there earlier you can do more runs before it gets busy, I got there a while before you last time and there were people on their 3rd and 4th run when I first arrived

Hopefully I'll have a few alterations and be a bit quicker this time :D

PS. this has just reminded me to upload the pictures I took for you :wub:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Quarks7

Hi Guys,

I may be up for a bash at that. I've been to Santa Pod for the 05 Jap Show http://www.japshow.co.uk/r_jap2005.htm and won my class. The times aren't great but I had a slipping clutch. I only know this because I sold the car the week after and the guy buggerd the clutch up within 3 days. So that would explain why I keep hitting the limiter yet still turned in fairly average times.

Good enough to win but pants for a 480kg car that was putting out nearly 200bhp. I now have a more sedate 700kg+ 120bhp ish 2B Plus. So I can't see any records being broken but as they say "It's not the winning it's the taking part!" :rolleyes: