Sunday Meets At New Lodge Farm - Northamptonshire

alanrichey

Those of you who have been on the Stilton Cheese Run will know New Lodge Farm (NN17 3DU) as our mid-drive coffee break stop. I have just received the following message from them:

I thought the End of Season Hog roast meeting on Sunday 2nd October was great fun, and an impressive turnout of cars along with some good weather. I would like to thank everyone who came along. I have managed to twist Simon's arm into having a regular first Sunday of the month meetings starting November 6th, December 4th, February 5th and March 5th for a winter gathering of all you classic car folk at New Lodge Farm.

The format will be very simple....
Open to all
10am onwards arrival
Park in the events field
Tea, Coffee and Bacon Rolls on offer ( or something more substantial if you require)

If the weather is nice this could be a nice day out for those of us in the surrounding counties that haven't SORNed their cars. I can't make the 6th Nov, but may try the December one.

Al

Maybe a good way to go for area meets in the "winter" months -- provided all your members are fairly close by -- does a bacon butty van attend or is this provided by the field owner?

Best wishes for a high attendance & dry weather.

Edited by florin metal works

Provided (not for free) by the farmer I think, on the Stilton Cheese Run they lay on a hog roast. It's actually a very good farm shop/cafe/toilet if you are ever passing (just off the A43, midway between Corby and Stamford) and need a break.

• 1 month later...

Sorry, family gathering in Stammy watching the Palmerston Arms Ukulele Band at Mama Liz's (if you've never seen them, you must - and if you've never been to ML, cracking Soul Shack food).

This would have been a great little run out for my & K's first RH adventure.

• 4 weeks later...

Dave: Sorry, I missed your post, only just found it when I selected 'Contents I have not read'. My apologies, I did mean to go but got struck down by a virus a couple of days before that knocked me out for a week (probably why I missed the post)

I see there is no meet in January, and I know already I will be in hospital for an operation on the February one, so the first one I can get to will be in March.

Was it worth attending ?

hi alan

there was a few turn up, worth it for the hot coffee and bacon when we got there as it was a bit fresh with no doors or roof on

went in convoy with a mate in his ac ace kit so was a nice run out

car wise, there was a caterham, a lomax, mine and the ace, a few classics.... good friendly bunch with lots of chatting

was there for 11-ish and left about 12:00, may have been others later

Edited by Dave R

• 1 month later...

Anyone planning on going to the New Lodge Farm meet on Sunday morning (5th)? I might make a run up there if anyone else is going and the weather keeps dry.

But won't bother if no-one else will be there as it's a fair way for me.