Mini Wiper Motor Wiring

Guest Tim Norman

Guest Tim Norman

Here's one for you clever sparky people out there.

I am replacing the single speed mini wiper in the Stealth Kitten with a twin speed. In the Kitten it runs off a rocker switch that also runs the wash wipe function.

I have separated that function so the wash is on a separate button.

Now I need to make the wiper work on a new rocker switch.

My question is how?

On the single speed there was just two wires going to the motor that made it work, so what do I need to add to energise the third wire on the motor?

I have Nigel's drawing of the sierra wires to mini loom so I know which wire is which it is at the other end I am struggling with!

Tim,

When the switch is turned off, power to the motor to park the wipers comes from pin 4 (green) at the wiper motor via the park cam switch in the motor which connects to pin 2 (brown/lt.green) from the motor to pin 5 at the switch, as pin 4 and 5 are connected when the switch is off then power goes from pin 4 at the switch to pin 5 (red/lt.green) on the motor making a circuit until the cam switch breaks the contact when the wipers park.

Hope that make sense

post-180-0-52983300-1414706336_thumb.jpg

Les.

Edited by Les Welsher

Guest Tim Norman

Les Its is the other end at the switch I was after. On my piccy I assume pin 4 is where the power comes in from my fused switched live and also goes out to the motor.

Its is in a Reliant Kitten so there is no stalk. In the Kitten the original motor only had one speed and no park. Not bothered about intermittent. I am replacing the Oringinal dash with a modified Mini Dash that now looks like this

Edited by Tim Norman

post-180-0-90863700-1414748813_thumb.jpg

try this one

Fused switched live to pin 2 on switch gives power to pin 4 on switch and to motor when switch is on position 1, pin 2 gives power to pin 1 for fast speed when switch is on postion 2.

Les

Edited by Les Welsher