January Meet ?

fry61

Evening all, any thoughts for a meet in January, we have primroses in flower in the garden so winter is over. Will be great to see a few or lots of you out & about.

Evening meal --- week-end or WHY

And in case its not possible for you to make it ---- HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Will give it a while longer Paul, but where do you suggest & what day -- Saturday or Sunday.

There is the Vintage Fly-in at Old Sarum this Sunday & they have a fair cafe --- I never do alcohol when driving so pub would need to serve decent coffee.

As said -- see if others are interested in Old Sarum.

Sunday will be dry & sunny but a little chilly, wind strength may prevent vintage fly-in.

Lets have a firm shout please for our first meet of 2018, coffee on me ( bring straws I'm only buying one cup)

Hi Neil, re-fresh my memory, how far east of Old Sarum are you. In the past we generally arrive around 10 to 10.30 am. Wander around kick tyres, natter & drink coffee before lunch; which is a good value meal in the aero club house.

Sunday is forecast to be sunny from 0900 to 1500 but will be chilly @4*C

Edited by florin metal works

I'm a good 2 hours away (Reigate, East Surrey) but meeting at 10 - 10.30am is fine. I just thought if you were meeting for breakfast at 8, then that's too early for me.

One of my favourite driving routes is out that way so I like any excuse to do it and added bonus of coffee and planes at the end :)

In theory, my highly unreliable brother-in-law is supposed to be coming over but since he has cancelled his last 3 visits, I'm hoping he'll stick to form. I'll have to let you know but it may not be until Saturday I'm afraid...

O,K Neil, our mobile number is 07917745767 doesn't work at home but maybe at Old Sarum --- phone when you arrive & we will find you. It's a big site to wander around in the hope of tripping over each other.