Santa Came Early

Guest shaggy

All,

Just got back from Chadderton and after a very nevous wait to find the results of the braking test which couldn't be doneon the first test, the guy cam out with the best pressy any guy could want - the MAC.

Thanks to all the guys who have helped me out in the past 12 months or so, especially BJ.

Hang on, its just stopped raining, can't hang round here all day. A quick run up to DVLA office me thinks - the long way round of course..................

Simon

Excellent. Well done. Obviously you sorted the list of a few weeks ago. What did you do with the steering rack/trackrod angle problem.

If you're going out to DVLA take a tarp. Weather down here is bright sun in a blue sky one minute and next time you look out the window it's bucketing down.

Enjoy the drive.

Nigel

What did you do with the steering rack/trackrod angle problem.

Nigel, the steering rack was mounted at an angle, probably down to previous builder not getting the plate it sits on welded quite right (or the packing was probably uneven) All I did was unbolt the rack starps and put a bit more packing under to even them both out.

What had me fretting more than anything else was rear brakes were showing as unballanced, but the guy said they were just on the limits, but advised checking after the brakes had bed in (new brakes last week)

Just been to DVLA - MASSIVE queue, so I'll try again, even though its now raining :D :D :D

Si

DVLA is always packed,

Mitch, Everytime I have been I've been told not to take a ticket, but ask to see someone about a built up inspection and I have been seen within 2 minutes or so. Even today, I called back after 2 and they had a power cut. They had a member of staff on guard duty turning everyone away, but I got seen by the Cynthia, who said there was not a lot she could do, but advised me to come back tomorrow at midday and she would issue me with a tax disc. "don't queue", she sadi, "just ask for me!"

She also advised me that I wasn't insured apart from"to and from" the DVLA.

Although the local office is only five minutes away from home, it took me all of three hours to get home :D .

Si