Rear Camber Wedges

Guest Getting There

Guest Getting There

Hi

Writting this on a wing and a prayer!!

I am going on a 2000 plus mile drive on Wednesday and have loaded the car, the rear camber is now really bad and will strip the tyres inside edge. I need these normally (and was planning on machining them over winter) but now its a necessity. They are on a 2b with LSD and disk brakes fitted. If any one has any or knows where I can get them from I have money waiting!!

Many Thanks

Chris

Guest qwerty_100
Hi

Writting this on a wing and a prayer!!

I am going on a 2000 plus mile drive on Wednesday and have loaded the car, the rear camber is now really bad and will strip the tyres inside edge. I need these normally (and was planning on machining them over winter) but now its a necessity. They are on a 2b with LSD and disk brakes fitted. If any one has any or knows where I can get them from I have money waiting!!

Many Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris

I have a set of rear camber wedges sitting in the garage that are for my 2b which is wip if you get desperate you can have mine and replace them after your trip obviously as mine are new and unused I would rather a new set in return pm me and maybe we can meet up tommorrow or Monday evening .

Regards

Kev

Guest Getting There

Hi

Thanks you very much for your offer. Where did you get yours from so that I can get a set ordered either to get a set straight to me or if you are sure you dont mind and they cant deliver in time as a replacement for the ones that you have. I am based in Huddersfield in West Yorkshire, where are you based?? If we cant meet up would you mind sending them up, I will of course send the money instantly for postage plus more for a few beers. I can be contacted on 07515 118121, or PM me your number.

Once again many thanks it is really appreciated.

Thanks

Chris Stubbs

Guest MartinP
Hi

Thanks you very much for your offer. Where did you get yours from so that I can get a set ordered either to get a set straight to me or if you are sure you dont mind and they cant deliver in time as a replacement for the ones that you have. I am based in Huddersfield in West Yorkshire, where are you based?? If we cant meet up would you mind sending them up, I will of course send the money instantly for postage plus more for a few beers. I can be contacted on 07515 118121, or PM me your number.

Once again many thanks it is really appreciated.

Thanks

Chris Stubbs

Pm member Peter bell. He has stock at the moment :rolleyes:

Martin

Guest qwerty_100
Hi Chris, as Martin said I have some at the moment, if you PM me your address I can post them monday and you can send a cheque. take a couple of hours to fit.

Peter

Hi Chris thanks for the telephone call today glad to here that you are sorted for your trip. I know that the trip involves going to as many breweries as posible and collecting minitures.I do hope are are not affended that I tell our fellow hoddies that in fact you and your friends are doing this for charity. I think as a club we should all get behind you and your friends and wish them all the best and please keep us informed of your progress during the trip. Regards Kev

Guest MartinP

Thanks to Peter, I have gone from 40mm in at the top of the rear wheels to 15mm, looks a lot better.

Had to dress the top corners to suit my brake backplates.

DSCF1711.jpg

DSCF1713.jpg

Martin

Guest Getting There

Hi

Just a follow up note..

Many thanks to Peter for the camber wedges, just as a sort of review these are really well made, the ones I got were fitted in under 20 minutes (per side) and the rear tyres have survived, the drive is far better and the grip on the rear has improved drastically. If any one has not got these fitted I would add them to the essential list!!

Many Thanks

Chris

• 1 month later...

Just fiited mine and would like to thank Peter for the superb wedges. Needed to mod the tops as martin did.

On the whole a very quick and easy job did'nt even need to take the shoes off. The only problem I had was lining it up when reassembling the light was'nt very good and I was a bit cramped. So came up with this.

But the two top bolts in from the back of the carrier hung the wedge then the backplate on the top two bolts, Then but the bottom two in before turning the top two the right way round.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
sorry for being dim. But wat are they and wat do they do. again so for being a dimbo :rolleyes:

The sierra rear wishbone setup suffers from increased negative camber when the ride height is lower than the sierra. I.E. the top of the wheel gets closer to the inside of the car. This can cause tyre wear on the inside edge and problems with traction. The wedges sit between the end of the wishbone and hub carrier and simply hold the carrier at a different angle to make the wheel more upright at the lower ride height. hopefully got that right...

HTH