Insurance

Guest Tim Norman

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mickmellors

I have just got my quote from Roadsure Ltd

The question is not - How Much - but How LITTLE !

£119.00 Fully Comp !

with a £100 excess if I prang it, toast it or have it nicked.

And it includes RAC rescue !

And 30 days cover in Europe - handy for Le Mans etc. !

Mick Mellors

• 2 weeks later...

I hope they are not reading this. Otherwise they will put their prices up. Mick.. 120 quid? That's expensive! We should be asking them to reduce their prices even further...

(PS, I have a Triumph TT600 sportsbike that is capabble of 160mph and 0 - 60 in about 3 seconds. I have this insured for £120 tpf+t.. now that's cheap.)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Malcolm Binns

:D

Very happy with that deal. Sykes put up their rate considerably this year, so a saving of approx £100 on my renewal. Flux couldn't come close.

Tim - you can probably go and squeeze Roadsure for some sponsorship based on all this business!

Malcolm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest brummy-ade

These prices you are quoting about are they with no claims bonus etc as all mine are used on my 'family car' and i wondered what insurance would cost me?

I am with Roadsure. I paid 257 pounds for fully comp cover, up to 12,000 miles. I have attached my previous no-claims bonus to this policy, but only so that it is "kept alive". The quote and the cover taken out are totally independant of it. I have only my 2B (and I'm named driver on the wife's policy on her car), but if I do get another car then I can use my no-claims bonus on that, and the premium I pay to roadsure is unaffected. For those comparing quotes - I'm 28 with 11 years claim free driving history. Car is garaged overnight, on a housing estate on the outskirts of Burton on Trent.

Whilst on the topic, it says on my schedule from roadsure that the vehicle is not covered for claims of theft or damage when "not in the course of making a journey" unless it is in the locked garage which I have stated that I keep it in. I rung them to check this out. In particular I wanted to know what "in the course of a journey" meant. The person I spoke to said it is badly worded on the policy, and she is sending me a letter to confirm that this clause only applies to claims for theft or damage whilst the vehicle is at my ome address. IE if I park it on the drive during the day and it is stolen then they won't pay out, but if I park it on Sainsburies car park, at a service station, or in a B&B car park then it is covered, despite not being garaged. Has anyone else got this clause? I wasn't happy with it, but I am now that they have clarified when and where it applies.

Ant

Ant

That sort of clause is quite normal under situations where you declare a safe storage place for the vehicle in order to get a reduction in premium. Its the same with motorcycle policies, and they want to know that your garage is brick built with a metal door before discounting the premium. Ask them how much it would cost if left on your driveway - you might find its a negligible hike in premium.

Having had the clause explained to me then I'm happy with it. I only park it on the drive when I'm either working on it, or I'm in the garage doing something else - in which case I'm with it at all times.

The trouble was the wording on the schedule which they sent me. "Not in the course of a journey" COULD mean that it's not insured if I park it up at work, or at a service station, or in a B&B car park. That was my worry, but they've clarified it, and they said they'd put it in writing for me.

Ant

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest cjbailey

Not kit car insurance, but jim you are right. I managed to get a full 15% off of the cost of my quote by playing two companies off. My insurance is now *only* £812. Plus I managed to blag a few extra freebies!

Guest Andy Sparrow

I just had same scenario as BJ

Fluxy renewal came in at 187 quid so I rang Roadsure they quoted 124 including breakdown cover as well

So I rang Fluxy as they now say they will try to match other quotes, they said they would 'look into it' and get back to me with a better price - but they never did - so theyve now lost my business.....

Road sure have so far only sent a cover note I await a proper certificate with anticipation...

The price difference of around 35 percent does seem odd, as all these brokers use Lloyds syndicates - I am reliably informed the Roadsure rates are an 'introductory offer' so lets see what they try to charge on the second year .....

Might be moving back to Fluxy next time !