Iva First Test Pass

maca

Hi all,

Well today I am the owner of a (First time pass certificate) for my 2B after purchasing the part built car (Lot 2) from Tricky Dicky back in 2005 and him saying that it just needed a few bits done and that it was a good build by the previous owner.

How wrong he was to even think that !!! (I think cowboys comes to mind)

Well after 12 years of I can only say slow work by me when I had the urge to do a little more to it then have to save up a little more for the next bits to purchase. And the help of my son it is now a pass,

That almost was a fail for the repeater lights not being visible over the rear wings, but thanks to Roy the tester at Derby he said that if we can re position the lights and return before 4:00 then we can have a pass and save £90 for a re test.

We had a little issue with the Exhaust Emissions being to high but with the aid of the laptop and my son being able to adjust the fueling to get a lower reading all was good.

The sound level came in at 98 db so that was a pass

The brakes were close to the limit of in balance but scrapped through just.

So over all I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to all on here for the information that I have gained while building the car.

It can be done so never give up and take your time doing a good job but try not to take 12 years !

Regards Martin (maca)

Edited by maca
  • Like 3

Well done another on the road😁

As a cheating person (never been through Iva) not sure how long it takes to get on the road from test however as your in derby get yourself to the end of season bash link at top of forum. Car not essential but we would all like to see it if possible!

Shameless plug sorry! Can't help it

Regards

Keith

Edited by unclechief

Thanks all for the comments and the likes it go's a long way to know that others can make you feel good.

Keith

Thanks for the invite to the end of season bash, but have already got an appointment for the 23nd but may be able to pop round on the Sunday before everyone leaves in the tin top.

Bob

Thanks for the encouragement to get out and drive, will do so as soon as I get it registered DVLA wanted an MOT on it, so now have a MOT as of yesterday and paperwork all gets posted today.

Hope to see you all next year.

Regards Martin

The tester said that I needed one as the IVA is only a compliance of conformity test not a roadworthy test.

So I phoned DVLA after going round in circles to find the number to ring and they said that I need to send one with the paperwork.

Looks like no 3 years grace for me as far as I can tell.

Trying to get the MOT system at the garage for a car that has not got a Reg number is quite a task with just a Vin number the computer keeps asking for the reg number, but they managed to get there in the end just to log it on for the test.

Regards Martin

Congrats on the pass. 100% didn't need an MOT but now you have one you are stuck getting one every year instead of not needing first one for 3 years.

Hi, Stuart

Sorry but looks like the DVLA want to lower your 100% figure down, and the last thing I wanted was to have to have any delays in the registration with back and forward paperwork.

It's now in the post on special delivery for tomorrow, so fingers crossed should soon have Reg No. and V5C within a few weeks.

Regards Martin

Edited by maca