Wipers

Guest janis

Guest janis

So last night after work i went to my local sierra breakers and get new stalk switch...was thinking it will be fixed but OMG how wrong i was..with big puff of smoke new switch melt and burnt in my hands..no luck..start looking thrue wiring find nothing..as last ting looked at wiper motor and bingo..there it was..motor become loose turned and jamed it self in and melt some wires...so plan is to track wire from loom..disconnect it put motor right..run new wire with inline 10A fuse as there is no new fuse there..and hope motor still work..any advice on that?

Have you got the thick rubber isolation pad that fits behind the motor in place? If not then the motor will be looser in the bracket and will twist. I may be wrong but the tube coming out of the motor looks too short and is not swaged for the wiper wheel box to grip on to it.

Rob

Guest 2b cruising

Before you go fixing it all up, as Chris says, he didn't use the wipers a lot.

It might be worth checking the motor still runs freely on its own.

Also the same with the gearbox's. And cable.

Without wiper blades on and disconnected from the motor you should be able to slide the cable outerwear along the inner cable.

That should turn the gearbox's at the same time.

Test the motor when disconnected by carefully feeding it from the battery.

If your pinkies get warm, the motor is faulty.

If your cable/gearboxes are seized, that would be why the tubing has pulled out of its motor anchorage.

Edited by 2b cruising