Ghost Rider

Andi

Robin Hood type hero or idiot?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest phil howard
except i would say he is the one risking everyone elses freedom(and lives!) and sensible enjoyment of bikes/cars and only adds to other people saying things like bikes should be banned. he is doing nobody a favour driving like this, especially bikers who will get tar'ed with the same brush.

Even on my wildest day out driving i wouldn't dream of driving in a manor like this. Its one thing to do 80mph on the M5 when its quiet (not that i even do that to be honest) and another to do 150mph through traffic.

certainly don't want him to crash but if he does i'd rather he hurt himself than someone else.

some interesting views on this so far.

As I said I am not trying to justify this behaviour....... though if I am honest I am impressed at his skill.

The bike he uses is a turbo charged Suzuki Hayabusa, ..............in my youth I used to run a GSXR 1340 on Avgas and NOS (ex por stock drag bke on the road and the track) but I used to go out very very early on summer mornings but even that has its risk with alll the animals being about.

I would much rather see a much stricter driving test and 5 yearly refreshers. My brother was killed by a bus driver whilst walking to school and he was going very slow.......to the point that he wasn't concentrating.

I have driven cars and riden motorcycles in most countries India, Himlayas, South Africa, America, France, Spain, Australia and Cambodia

The standard of driving is terrible but most of all it is the ARROGANCE of the britsh motorist that makes them the worst in the world IMO.

Guest phil howard
Just out of curiosity how many of you on here that have judged this guy ride sports bikes ? wish i could pull a wheelie at 100mph plus and hold it ! (on the track of coarse) ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA72omEfxPM 1min 28secs think that was what your after

Thank god I am not the only one. Obviously this guy is wrong and at odds with society........but WOW he can ride.

However based on the previous comments I was starting to think I would just sell my Zero as soon as it was finished.........I am not ready to join the pipe and slippers brigade yet.

Daz, calm down, i basically meant what Ian and Daz have said, if he or she wants to drive like a pratt, then its there choice, as it is with any one, but i sincerly hope that if/when they do have a accident them and them alone is involved,

Its same when were out in the hoods, i will NOT take anyone on in a "race" the amount of times, other roadusers (and pedestrians) have shouted and indicated for me to race,spin wheels, set off like a prat, and i will not take them on, if someone asks me how fast it goes i say 70, just gets there quicker,

I am far from perfect, but i and i alone am responsable for how i drive,

Maybe it was badly put, but thats what i meant,

Mitch

(jens just read my initial responce, and interprited it it as i intended it to be read, must be how you read it Daz,)

Mitch, I may have taken your reply the wrong way, but the way I have taken it requires the following response: NO ONE can drive how they like, full stop. That is why there are rules on the road. The video that Andi has posted, and I must say I'm not quite sure why he has posted it as it just seems to glorify wanton and wreckless driving/riding, is on a public highway and includes persons that do not wish to partake in this idiot's antics. He is not riding on skill, he is riding on luck and borrowed time, but he is playing with other peoples lives, which does not justify this sort of promotion.

In your response Mitch, A equals race track, and B also equals race track. As Bob (FMW) has said, go do it on a track with equally minded people.

I sincerely hope this idiot gets caught as a soon as possible and before he injures or kills someone. I also hope his camera buddies are also arrested and charged with aiding and abetting, perverting the course of justice, and what ever else the law can give them. They are just as guilty as the idiot rider.

Why didn't you just show a video of a bomb going off? Where is the difference? This person is doing something he enjoys doing, which involves innocent people possibly being injuried or killed, in a public place for his own self gratification. Now, you tell me what the difference is?

I lost a friend due to a riding accident, so this sort of thing is not to be glamourised. I know these videos exist, and many more of similar kind, but I choose not to watch them.

Perhaps a little more thought in your response wouldn't have warranted this rant :D

Edit: I think the poll says a lot about how people feel

No It's perfectly ok if you've the right job maybe he's a copper testing the new company motor.

http://www.metro.co.uk/home/19058-policema...g-gets-off-free

BTW He is very highly skilled.

Not skillful, just stupid and lucky, lucky that the other road users didn't do something that he didn't have time to react to, the place for that is on the track with other riders who are expecting to be overtaken or to do the overtaking themselves.

Doing it on the road calls for a bit of Steve McQueens wire from the great escape, or maybe a baseball bat and try for a home run with his head as he goes past.

Once all the 'whingers' have banned motorcycles, then the next on the list might well be kit cars.

This all smacks of finding someone elses freedom and complaining about it

WTF are you talking about, the discussion is about a person that not only flaunts any written driving laws, he puts other road users lifes at an even higher risk with his ridiculous antics. this arsehole has the right to ride his bike how he wants, but not on a public highway, this isn't about taking his freedom away... this is about him not giving a toss about anybodies freedom to live.

The quicker this person is removed from the roads, by law or by incident the better.

No he is very skillfully at controling a bike at speed. As already mentioned 10 years plus video evidence to prove it.

TBH I'd feel safer with the ghost rider overtaking me at speed than some old codger in a volvo in a supermarket trying to park .

It's all relative as Mitch said drive to your own limit.

Steve

I'd like to hear anyone say he is a skillfull rider just after he's taken your family out, I doubt you would be at his funeral!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More luck than judgement springs to mind, This guy doesnt know whet the driver infront is going to do.

I'm not anti motorcyclist and sometimes drive on the edge of my ability but not with the risk of endangering the public, but to ride like this and brag about it disgusts me, and just because he isnt dead yet does not mean he is a hero.

Guest The Modfather
WTF are you talking about, the discussion is about a person that not only flaunts any written driving laws, he puts other road users lifes at an even higher risk with his ridiculous antics. this arsehole has the right to ride his bike how he wants, but not on a public highway, this isn't about taking his freedom away... this is about him not giving a toss about anybodies freedom to live.

The quicker this person is removed from the roads, by law or by incident the better.

ABSOLUTELY Mark. I have read some stupid things in my life but anyone who congratulates this idiot on how good he can ride is up there with the worst. How can you congratulate this guy on how he rides with blatant total disregard to other people's lives? I bet you any money if this guy hit anyone of your friends or family, god forbid, you wouldn't be congratulating him on how good he can ride. The guy is an absolute menace to society and needs to be off the road. I'd love to throw a stop stick in front of him.

For information, I DO ride a sports bike and can therefore judge him, if I ever needed to be a bike rider in order to judge him :rolleyes: anyone with half ounce of sense can judge him. I currently have a Triumph T595 dynojetted, and with a Power Commander fitted. Prior to that I had a 2008 GSXR 600 which was also tweaked and had an air shifter. I have also had 2 Fireblades, so yes, I love riding sports bikes. I also currently have the Lambretta which has a racing engine fitted. So here is the opinion of someone who has ridden motorbikes since he was 6 years old, am I qualified to have an opinion in your mind?

SPG, I do not agree with anyone driving a police car in a manner that is not required for the purpose of its current task. As an advanced driver and a driving assessor, if this officer was brought to my attention prior to being caught, I'd have revoked his police licence immediately. I have actually done this to 3 officers who's driving was brought to my attention. I agree that this officer shouldn't have been let off, and should have been sentenced to a jail term and dismissed from the service immediately. What would your opinion be then if it turns out that this rider was a police officer? Would it still be the same? I doubt it. If I posted a video of how well I can drive or ride, and believe me, I can ride with the best of them, and drive the pants off 99% of any driver, and waited for the congratulations and then posted that I was a police officer, would I still be held in the same high esteem that this bloke has received???????

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, which is what a forum is all about, but I'm afraid that if you in any way congratulate this bloke, or his manner of riding, or hail him as any kind of hero, you are condoning him and his behaviour. Hopefully his ten years of video evidence will go some way to give him a longer conviction when he's caught. Call me a whinger if you want, but the road is no where for this manner of riding, and no, I do not want motorbikes to be banned.

Blimey Andi, have you seen what you have started :D

• 2 weeks later...

First, this sort of thing isn't new in the slightest. From the early Cafe racers to today, these things have always happened. The advent of the internet has provided shocking evidence of these acts and this is rather tame compared to the Paris Ring Road videos.

This driver is obviously very skilful and a danger to himself and all around him. I believe he died the following year.

I cannot claim to be completely innocent as spent many of my younger years street racing and doing high speed wheelies and lost my licence and have the scars, aches and pains to prove it. I still ride a Motorcycle and while I don't plod around, I do ride in a safe, defensive, low risk manner.

Riding like this idiot is bang out of order and although skilful, should be utterly discouraged. I learned the hard way and I hope this gentleman has the opportunity to learn unlike a lot of my former biker friends.

Guest phil howard
First, this sort of thing isn't new in the slightest. From the early Cafe racers to today, these things have always happened. The advent of the internet has provided shocking evidence of these acts and this is rather tame compared to the Paris Ring Road videos.

This driver is obviously very skilful and a danger to himself and all around him. I believe he died the following year.

I cannot claim to be completely innocent as spent many of my younger years street racing and doing high speed wheelies and lost my licence and have the scars, aches and pains to prove it. I still ride a Motorcycle and while I don't plod around, I do ride in a safe, defensive, low risk manner.

Riding like this idiot is bang out of order and although skilful, should be utterly discouraged. I learned the hard way and I hope this gentleman has the opportunity to learn unlike a lot of my former biker friends.

Stop poking the pipe and slippers brigade .............

Stop poking the pipe and slippers brigade .............

I don't think anyone would ever accuse me of being "pipe n slippers" :D

Still can scratch with the best of them and occasionally throw a beating to the young upstarts ;) but just choose to do it where there is little traffic (and flashing lights) with which to interfere with.

I think there's a world of difference between that and the silliness designed for maximum exposure of GhostRider.