What Oil Is Best For Pinto Sohc With Efi Injection

Guest JimmyRH

Guest JimmyRH

Hi,

I want to give my RH 3A some fresh oil, oil filter, sparkplugs etc.

In the manual for the Sierra, they give several options. I want to go with a standard 10W40 but not sure about it.

I have a Pinto 2.0 with EFI injection. I also would like to know if a shorter oil filter is possible.

Ohh.. I live in the Netherlands, and the car will be driving around max 1500-2000 km. a year.

Guest JimmyRH

Well the (sierra) manual says:

10W40

5W30

15W40

My first intention is to use the 10W40, this is my first Ford engine, Normally I was used to Vauxhall (Astra GTE/Nova 2.0i), so the Ford technics is not all in my system yet :)

Guest mower man

Never ran any thing as low as 10/40 always 15/40 or 20/50 the engine was designed around it, the 5w stuff was for severe winter conditions to help with cold cranking and the puny 0.8 kw starter mick

Guest JimmyRH

the Ford nr. reffered to the Motorcraft nr is not an. in the Netherlands supplied number, just been over to the dealer. So I will order it in the Uk.. Need some other so will combine.

Guest mower man

Just ask for a Sierra Cosworth filter[ vfl 100 if memory serves let them sort the numbers seems silly to have to order from here !! mower man

Edited by mower man