Headlights And Side (Iva Front Position) Lights

peter_m7uk

Hi, haven't been on here in a long time! Just a quick question on lights for IVA.

If you don't have separate side and head lights on your car, is it okay to wire up the headlights to the sidelight switch - That is, they are the same! Nothing in the IVA manual suggests that the side and head lights have to be physically separate...

It's just that my lamp units are only headlight (dipped beam) and main beam, with no separate sidelight. I don't think it matters if you push your column stalk to the sidelight setting and the dipped headlights come on, does it?

Cheers, Pete

I think having sidelights is obligatory. I don't think you can just say the dipped heads are your sidelights. Many headlight reflector units have a non silvered area just below the main bulb, about 10mm in diameter and the bulb carrier can mount a separate sidelight bulb to shine through it. Pic below.

Nigel

post-21-0-85736200-1502731498_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Chaps, thanks for the replies! In the meantime I'd figured out what Longboarder has posted, I need to get a small loom with sidelight bulb holder, as I do indeed have windows below the main bulbs, you learn something new every day :D Cheers, Pete

• 3 weeks later...