Lincolnshire Meet For June

alanrichey

It was looking quite good for June until I checked around this morning. We normally all get together at the Castle Bytham Midsummer Fair on Sunday June 18th, park up together on display and enjoy the village fair. But apparently it is now the Midsummer Festival and the new organisers have removed the 'Classic Car' banner from the web page (http://www.midsummerfair.co.uk/). I have contacted them to ask if this was intentional or are we are still welcome to attend. Watch this space.

Then I checked our regular hangout at 'GearHeads at the Ground' in Newark, only to find the June meet has been cancelled.

So that just leaves the GBS Open Day on Sat 10th June (http://www.greatbritishsportscars.co.uk/events-2/), which I will probably attend.

I'm off on holiday again next week (I know, it's a hard life but someone has to do it) so when I get back I should know about Castle Bytham. If they don't want us I will organise something else.

Al

Guest Clive

Hiya, will chat with 'me lady' and let you know about Saturday....very local and would be good if only for a couple of hours or so.

I was at Rockingham last Thursday - nice little evening out.

Have a good holiday ... toot toot!

OK, heard back from the Castle Bytham organisers and we are good to go. So it will be the usual deal, Sunday June 18th, parking on the hill. I will get there fairly early (08:30?) and take up position at the bottom, so we enter from the top and then 'herring-bone' up the hill.

Please let me know if you intend to come so I can give the organisers a heads-up. If anyone is coming that hasn't been before just PM me for detailed instructions.

Guest Clive

Hi Alan, Sunday....I'll do my best. I have our post-Australia wedding reception on the Saturday evening...so certainly won't be 0830....but if it works out might be able to come along later (as I have my daughter staying I suspect it might be the afternoon). I'll try and let you know more nearer the time. Hope I can make, so close and a lovely little village too. Thanks, Clive

Final call for the Castle Bytham Midsummer Fair for tomorrow (Sunday). Not only have I laid on perfect weather but I have also arranged a fly past by the Red Arrows :)

So far it's just me, Pete, Mick & Stella with a possible late visit by Derek and Clive. I'll probably park up nearer to 09:00 now, usual place at the bottom of the hill. I'll try and hold 3 spaces

Al