Jaguar S Type 3.0 V6 Manual

Guest Mark Stanley

Guest Mark Stanley

Hi all, I have removed all the looms from the jag, fuel tank, dash the lot and set it all up on my garage floor to just bench test the engine to make sure everything is there before I scrap the s type jag. I have ended up with a steering column lock fault on the dash which shuts down the ecu,

New plan to fit a Megasquirt 2 Standalone Programmable ECU Kit, MS II. Has anyone ever used this ecu £500 for the kit which will run a v6 engine with leads and cd is half the price of the omex which runs a v6.

The next problem I have found is jag used a electronic throttle and the programmable ecu only run a standard cable type. Will the mondeo st220 throttle body which is cable operated fit the jag intake?

Also if I change the intake manifold complete for the mondeo one will this give me a smaller overall height as the jag engine is around 70mm to tall to fit under the standard bodywork

Thanks mark

Guest Mark Stanley

I have now bought a omex 710 ecu , more people seem to know the omex ecu when it comes to mapping. I now need a bit of help to sort out a throttle body which has a cable throttle and also a throttle position sensor to be able to run the ecu. Looks like a mondeo st220 complete intake system ?

• 5 months later...
Guest Mark Stanley

Hi engine and prop shaft is in. I have used emerald k6 ecu and have built a loom and had the engine running on my test bench.

Have removed the sliding pillar susspension and fitted the gbs double wishbone kit. The kit is ok but the brackets are not the best. Shame there are no real instructions how to fit. It would save gbs a lot of phone calls. If collecting make sure the ball joins screw freely into the wishbones. I had to buy a £25 tap to clean the threads on mine.

I have changed the sump to an x type sump and oil pick up pipe straight swap which was nice and easy.

The engine is fitted as low as I can fit it and I have fitted a mondeo st220 intake manifold to reduce the hieght of the engine but I'm still 60mm to tall!!!!

Next on the building list exhaust , also after some cosworth front calipers which are bigger because I have fitted a floor pedal box no servo so need to improve front brakes. Already have discs brakes on the rear.

Problem now is the 60mm I need to clear the engine. Are there taller 2b bonnets or I could make new side panels 60mm taller which will lift everything from the dash to the nose cone ?????? Any ideas?

How do I load photos this might help

Mark

Guest david_l_perry

That's a little concerning.....

What would be the differences between yours and Alex's (Ianjenn) 2B that I looked at. He used the mondeo intake and made no changes to the chassis or hood.....perhaps thinner engine mount rubbers.

Guest Mark Stanley

Any photos of your raised bonnet. I thought if I make new side panels 60mm taller at lease I should have a nice join line down my body work. Has anyone made side panels from 1.5mm ally sheet. The stainless panels were a bit dented so 1.5 ally might be a bit stronger with the same weight as 1mm stainless.

Guest Mark Stanley

My sump is almost sat on the cross loop so will not go down any more. if I removed the pinto rubber engine mounts and had nothing there then yes it would fit. Ground clearance would be very small though. Have bonnet sizes changed over the years ie taller?

Guest david_l_perry

There must be something different here. Just hope mine is the same height as Alex's 2B......I thought his sump was at the same level as the btm hoop, if not a little lower when I looked the other weekend. Will pop him an email/pm

Guest Mark Stanley

To the bottom of that hoop is around 100-120mm ground clearance. Putting the sump below is asking for damage on uk roads. My plan is taller sides ,cut through the fibreglass nose horizontally and make the hole 60mm deeper to make the front look the normal ride Hight. This will also increase air flow into the radiator.

Guest david_l_perry

Alex used the standard engine mounts sat directly onto the original 2b mounts......He had rubber mounts as well....don't get how it could be 60mm different ...very cunfused

Edited by david_l_perry

Guest david_l_perry

Here is a photo from Alex's install showing the sump and btm hoop - does not look any lower

Just measured my old Pinto rubber mounts and they are pretty deep at 80+ mm

The ones I looked at from Car builder solutions are less than 40mm

4.jpg