RHOCaR Membership Special Offer

From the 1st September until the 31st December, a revised membership cost of £21 is applied.

This provides membership for the remaining period of the current year plus the 12-months of the following year (e.g. sept-2014 to dec-2015 equating to 16 months membership)

To join click here http://www.rhocar.or...mber/membership

- - - - -

Vicky Green Wiring Loom Wiper Fault

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 roshea14

roshea14

Builder

• Community user
  • 33 posts
  • Car type:robin hood 2b sliding pillar part build

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:22 PM

fuse keeps going on the vicky green loom in my 2b when the washer is operated is this something anyone else has experienced or is it a mistake on my part? i opted for the later type stalks with the extra wiring for relays and everything else has worked fine except for the washer keeps blowing a fuse. not too much of an issue yet as i intend to run an aeroscreen but would like to get it sorted so i know everything is ok and safe to use. the fuses are also not labled as to the correct rating (anyone know what it is?) its the second one down which also controls the oil light, regards richard

#2 Kennedy

Kennedy

Wheely good builder!

• Community user
  • 438 posts
  • Car type:2b

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:31 AM

Had the same problem. We used to press the horn and the washer jets would squirt. Was a shock at first. We found out that it was shorting on the back of the horn. The horn wires were touching the boss and every so often would blow a fuse too. I no mine was horn related but maybe it's shorting somewhere. (I'm sure someone who's awake and knows what their talking about will help shortly) lol
www.lkphotography.net

#3 Mitch

Mitch

sarcastically honest !

• Area Secretary
  • 4,569 posts
  • Car type:2b gone to new home, now its a YELLOW LIBRA TOO

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:34 AM

if your using the two wires as directed on the kids drawing on the pump  (i mean diagram) there both live, use just one, and earth the other terminal on washer pump and it should work fine,

Mitch

#4 Longboarder

Longboarder

Old Stager

• RHOCaR 14
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,094 posts
  • Car type:New 111

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:19 AM

The VG loom was originally designed for the 83 stalks and didn't cope with the change to 87 stalks which had headlights and washers wired differently. It led to a dead short in the washer system. (I thought it had been sorted long ago)
Don't connect up the VG wires that are supposed to go to 53C and W on the stalks and the washer motor terminals. (Double green and a green/black. One was a common earth in the earlier loom.) Instead run a new wire from 53C on the stalks to your washer motor and fix up a local earth from the other side of the motor.
Job done. (If the motor sucks rather than blows swap them round!)

Nigel
Thought for the week.
You can take a thirsty horse to water but it might want a beer.

#5 roshea14

roshea14

Builder

• Community user
  • 33 posts
  • Car type:robin hood 2b sliding pillar part build

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:36 AM

thank you for the replies i was thinking of just wiring it direct as it only seems to be the washers at fault! fingers crossed it will now work!