- A complete "megajolt lite" ignition system with Bogg Brothers Alloy Manifold for Ford Pinto, with gaskets, choke cable and ZX6R Carbs!!
This megajolt system has just been removed from a sunbeam imp sport classic car, but it is perfect for the ford pinto or most other 4 cylinder petrol engines.
Everything that you would need is included, so no need to go to your local scrapyard for bits:
- · Megajolt lite version 4 rev a control box.
- · 4 cylinder coil pack.
- · Ford edis4 module.
- · Trigger wheel, and sensor.
- · Vacuum pipe etc.
The pc is old, but still runs well, and comes with the megajolt config file already loaded.
Also has serial cable to connect to megajolt.
The battery in the laptop has seen better days, but runs fine off the mains charger.
The laptop also comes with various bits and pieces ie:- plugs and sockets, couple of network adaptors, and even a 56k modem. This last item could go to the science museum if you don't need it!
You will find all the info you need at www.autosportlab.net then click on "how to tab"
The megajolt comes in two forms, one system required a throttle sensor (quite difficult to get working, and easy to go wrong), the other type was where it monitors the manifold vacuum, much easier to fit, and nothing to go wrong. You just need to tap the manifold to connect the vacuum pipe to the control box.
The second version is the one i am selling here. (although the bike carbs have the tps sensor so you could convert the megajolt with a bit of soldiering and use the tps if you wish)
As you can perhaps see, all the equipment except the control box are attached to a sheet of metal for ease of attaching within the engine compartment, and the control box should be fitted away from the heat of the engine.
I had to cut one of the cables to get the cable through the bulkhead, but this can just be reattached in the junction box.
Lastly most of you would know, but the coil packs run on what is called wasted spark. This means that two sparks are generated per cycle, so this would upset a rev counter, showing double the actual revs.
So you will find in the junction box a rectifier, that divides the pulse to the rev counter by two, then you get a correct reading.
The trigger wheel has been drilled to marry up to my crankshaft pulley, but you will have to adapt to suit your pulley.
I hope i have mention everything, and a lot of your questions would be answered on the web site.
I will try to answer any questions you may have if i can.
- New trigger wheel and pinto bracket for vr sensor.
- Also included is a new ford "pinto" ohc inlet and exhaust manifold set
- A universal locking choke cable is included to attach to the carbs to allow the use of the enrichment feature (essentially a choke)
- A used but good condition pipercross air filter, two brass securing screws, will want a clean soon looks ok otherwise.
- And of course not to forget the one of a kind, Bogg Brothers Pinto aluminium manifold with vacuum chamber. Very important to ensure that the MAP sensor does not get a pulsed pressure which you would get from a single pressure tapping.
- The ZX6R carburettors have been tuned and set up for a 1600 sized engine so may need some tweaking to suit your exact engine. The carbs have undergone a rebuild and have had all new diaphragms fitted.
Any questions please ask.
Would prefer collection due to the size of all items, but can send by courier. Enquire for price.