Time To Apply For Sva ....

enforcer

I have to confess that the completed SVA/1 is still sitting on my dining room table, waiting to be posted! It just seems that once I stick that in the post box I will set off a timer that suddenly puts an deadline on a leisurely 2 year build. :unsure:

I know that if I can get through this I will be able to enjoy the car all year; might even make Stafford... but I still can't commit yet. Anyone else go through this? I know the car is nearly there; I still have to make up a cover for the boot, fit the wiper motor and demister plumbing, get the brakes sorted and cover everything in padding and trim.

Grim - I am looking at requesting Thurs 9th Feb at Shrewsbury because it fits well with my duties and I will have a week or so after this to run around and get things fixed. That's if I can pluck up the courage to post the damn form!!!! :wacko:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know just how you feel. I eventually had to send my form in because of an approaching deadline, I was hoping to go to Le Mans last year. In the end I had to postpone the test twice before eventually getting there in Sept, only 4months late, and passing at the second attempt. The SVA stations, at Derby, were very good and didn’t charge me for the missed tests. I did however let them know in good time when I cancelled. When you send in the form it certainly cranks up the pressure to finish but you’ve got to do it some time. Remember the sun will eventually come out again and you we will be ready to enjoy it with your car on the road.

YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE !

come on all of you, get them booked.

Its not daunting really, just think of it has a MOT but with checks for sharp edges.

If you look back and make a list of what others have failed for, and tick them off when you have checked for yourself.

The only things you cant be sure of is emissions and noise, (noise can be checked with clubs meter)

come on get them on the road.

The feeling of getting them passed is brilliant, knowing from a kit, to a road going car which you have built yourself is ace, the smiles really do last for miles,

go on set the date and send the forms, i was still putting on the windscreen at 10pm the night before, and in Wales by the weekend with the NW Hoods doing 300 miles in the first week.

Tip** get the built up inspections booked too, that can take longer to sort than a test date.

Good luck and see you at the shows

Mitch

Guest Battery Bill

Mitch

I remember this post a year or so ago :lol: :lol: :p :p

was still putting on the windscreen at 10pm the night before

And this is the type of thing that Richard wants to avoid, he has enjoyed his build so why ruin it with maximum stress before the big day :rolleyes:

Anyway when you feel you are ready get it booked and enjoy the day and see you at Stafford :lol: :lol:

Bill, Enforcer just needs the push to send off the form, you needed a bloody rocket,

you kept giving dates out at which YOU said it would be done, thats why you got so much stick. :lol: :D

And since it was me that instigated the trip to Wales, there was noway i was following in the tintop all weekend :boohoo: :boohoo:

Mitch

Go on BOOK IT ;)

if you get it booked you WILL make Stafford.

then you will be able to make the area meetings ,and the runs out that i am planning for this year :D

Duncan

ps you could also book for La Mans :)

Remember to be err, 'creative' with the maximum rpm on the form. Or is it rpm giving max power?

The noise test will be done at 2/3 the figure you give so make it an easy pass. I think we said 5,000 rpm, our test was done at just over 3,000 rpm and came out in the low 90s.

Guest chris brown

Come on enforcer get it booked I also was bricking it prior to the day but when it arrived and the car was in the test shed I enjoyed the whole thing and found the tester very friendly and was certainly trying to pass the car not pull it to pieces. Coming away with the MAC is one of the best moments you will have talk about a big grin just for being given a piece of paper. A well presented car is a big step towards passing so in that case I suspect yours will pass as it goes in through the doors.