Mac 4x4 Challenge

Guest Griff

Hi guys and gals :D

You may remember that last year myself and Peter Restall did a 24 hour off road challenge for Macmillan Cancer Relief. Many of you donated to the cause and followed our sucess as novices on this gruelling event, which we managed 9th overall out of 50 entrants. In total the event raised over £55,000 awesome :o

Guess what, we are doing it again :o

Only this year it starts on the friday night at a grid reference outside of Hereford and finishes at Warrington on the Sunday afternoon with approx 1000 miles of forests, mountains and who knows what in between. Our route is only divulged in small sections as we proceed through different challenges on route. We have two nights in the Range Rover with only basic facilities on site, should be fun if last year was anything to go by, we had a toilet and a warm air handryer which was usefull in the morning to warm your bits up :blink: :blink:

We cover all vehicle costs ourselves and all money donated goes to Macmillan.

We have a page set up at My Webpage if you want to contribute, 5% of which goes to justgiving for the site, otherwise cheques can be sent to:

S.Griffiths

18,Chestnut Lane

Bassingbourn

Royston

Herts

SG8 5JJ

The forms will be attached shortly to this message for giftaid etc.

Thank you in advance for any contributions to our cause and I hope to see all the usual suspects at Barkston again this year.

Regards Griff

ps Who says I wouldn't get my new disco dirty!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-13-1139340600.jpg

Guest chris n's missus

best of luck. hope it all goes well for you.

i'm also raising money for cancer research this year. i'll be doing the Race for Life (for the 4th year running) and - lord only knows why - i'll be hurling myself out of an aeroplane to with a 'chute strapped to my back (with any luck :D )

was checking out the post at work this morning, and a 10 day sponsored hike along the great wall of china caught my eye - maybe next year! ^_^

Thank you all for the donations so far. The reality of Cancer has reared its head over the weekend with a friends father passing away last week and also a member of our SG7 club, both from cancer.

Guest Hell on Wheels

Griff, How are the donations doing?

As I have said before, most of us know someone who has been hit by cancer.

I hope the members are very supportive of your efforts!

Helen

We are over our mimimum target of £400 which is required to start the event, but I dont think we will top last years £1700. My workload is much higher this year.

But you never know!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Griff

Only just over a week to go now :o

Training day this sunday along with our celebrity team mate, don't know of her but apparently she's very keen, with a day off to pack next tuesday.

thanks again for all your support :wub:

Griff