Central Heating Pump

Guest Guy

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right I've fixed it !!! :D :D :D

I put the cleaner stuff in and within a few hours the problem went away, There's still a bit of circulation for a short time after the heating goes off but it soon stops. There must have been a blockage in the water heater section which the cleaner stuff has dissolved.

I got a price from my local plumb merchant for thermostatic radiator valves, £36+VAT :blink:

So I went to Homebase, £17 :(

So I got some off the net for £7 each :) much better (thanks for the link Jim) and will fit them when I drain the cleaner out and put the inhibitor stuff in.

Now I can start concentrating on the car again :rolleyes:

Well done .

When replacing valve see if the nut and olive from the old one will fit the new one.

Mine did not and had to cut the pipe off and fit a the new nut & olive as valve was bigger? you might have some movement up and down under the flloor as well.

Glad its sorted

stephen

Your probably find theres an anti gravity valve some where in the flow pipe above the boiler that has stuck open. The idea is in summer when boiler fires on its own for hot water with no pump the hot water can rise from the boiler up to the cylinder but not to the rads, then when you want the heating on, the pump overcomes the spring pressure in the valve allowing water to the rads. I would have thought probably the same in yours Jim. But the valves can be buried in the walls and all sorts and near impossible to find let alone change sometimes, so an easy solution is thermostatic rad valves and just switch them off in summer.

Mike