Brakes

Guest wildejon

Hi,

I'm just doing this job on my 04 SuperSpec.

10mm (internal), 12mm (outer) diameter heating pipe fits. I found about 5 inches of the stuff in my kit but since I bought it 2nd hand it might have been added by the previous owner.

I've invented my own solution involving 8mm microbore pipe and lots of adaptors. The piping is cheap but the adaptors to match the pipes at each end and get round a tight bend are ridiculously expensive (I hope someone from B&Q is reading this!). If it all works I plan to polish the pipes so it looks like something off a traction engine :D .

Hope this helps,

John (jwts).

You can buy the copper pipe in B&Q its gas feed

I bought this + then used standard copper water pipe as per others and the SVA man was very impressed in B'ham

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Guest nevans
Hi Nigel

I stuck them in a boiling kettle for a little time to soften it up first.

Just noticed you're in barnsley - I was born there!

hi ,thanks for the info have tried the kettle once will give it another go

am only a stones throw from junction 36 mI you are always welcome if you are passing am hoping to have the car ready for the newark show cheers nigel

hoping to have the car ready for the newark show

good luck with that! I'm hoping to get mine on the road soon too. I live in leeds now, and visit my parents now and again who still live in Barnsley. Once I've got mine on the road, maybe I'll have to do a little detour to check yours out too!

Guest nevans
good luck with that! I'm hoping to get mine on the road soon too. I live in leeds now, and visit my parents now and again who still live in Barnsley. Once I've got mine on the road, maybe I'll have to do a little detour to check yours out too!

hi I will look forward to that

am still not having any luck with the blue pipe the outlets on the plastic top up res are 12mm o/d the pipe just wont stretch that far looks like im going to have to purchase a different res

cheers for now

nigel

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jwts
hi I will look forward to that

am still not having any luck with the blue pipe the outlets on the plastic top up res are 12mm o/d the pipe just wont stretch that far looks like im going to have to purchase a different res

cheers for now

nigel

Nigel,

The other option would be to get some larger piping.

John (jwts).

Guest nevans
Nigel,

The other option would be to get some larger piping.

John (jwts).

hi thanks for the message ,have solved the problem have obtained another res. with smaller outlet pipes cheers Nigel