Vehicle Security

Guest Darksphere

Guest Darksphere

Hi fellas

Can anyone recommend a decent reliable alarm and immobiliser that is suitable for 2b's and won't break the bank?

Have read previous posts about this topic but wondered if anyone had a definite answer???

Cheers!

Lenny

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Battery Bill

I can only think of a few Hoods that have been nicked, Really its not the idea car to be driving around if you have just stolen it :ph34r: :ph34r:

I think a hidden isolator switch will do the job pretty well along with your steering lock. Save your money IMHO :D :D

And a fuel tap, plenty of places to conceal it and as soon as the thieving children without parents cant start it they will rip of a wing mirror and leave.

Also one of those removable steering wheel bosses, a mate of mine actually kept a car because the children with no parents broke the wheel off.

Can't start or can't steer, can't nick.

I have a hidden switch for the electric fuel pump on mine. Just don't forget to turn it on when you start the car. I forgot once and there was enough petrol in the carb to start it and drive about 25 yards then it started to cough and splutter just as i was pulling out into a busy main road. Talk about brown trouser time. You don't forget a second time!

Barry.

Guest salty_monk

Oh you do.... if you don't drive it regularly. Girlfriends moggy minor had same thing, I disconnected after about the 100th time of doing it.... Was ok if you were quick enough to get to the switch before it stalled... :D

Far better to send the coil connection to earth, that way it will just keep cranking over & over till the battery runs flat....

Guest docter fox

I always park with the wheels turned so it slows them down a bit if they have a trailer :lol:

got a battery cut off but I still don't like leaving it in places... and never feel safe leaving a parking ticket on the window in case some bugger nabs it and I end up with a fine!

Guest Battery Bill

James

and never feel safe leaving a parking ticket on the window in case some bugger nabs it and I end up with a fine!

Take a digi camera with you and take a picture of the car and ticket :D

Guest timswait

Demon Theives did a Microscan immobiliser for about £60 when I got it a couple of years back. Imobilises any two circuits you like, and works off a RFID (I think) transponder. Works well, although worth combining with some other cut out features or alarm.

Guest Andy Rathbone

parking tickets are easy, just dont leave it in the car, buy it and take it with you, then should the evil yellow stripe do you you can prove you had a valid ticket but didnt leave in the car for that exact reason

Guest Darksphere

Thanks for all this fellas, seeing as you mentioned about parking ticket theivage, a lot of car parks round here have those things one where you have to tap in your reg plate... if I can't get in one of these car parks i scribble my reg plate under the numbers on the ticket itself. Probably a reasonably effective deterrent?

Speaking of which, should I purchase one of those locking tax disc holders - anybody ever had one pinched?

Cheers!

You may or may not be familiar with a website called "www.b4u.co.uk"

b4u

This is a search engine which interrogates various directories, but specifically the electoral roll. It will give anyone your address, names and even provide a map and directions to your home.

I have just put my own details in this and not only did it give up my name and address, it also linked to my 'viewing profile' on RHOCAR. This helpfully also gave my date of birth and effectively showed the world a picture of my car and provided a map of where it is for all car thieves out there! :unsure:

The web site states that you can apply to have your details removed, but I have emailed and faxed this requests several times over as many weeks. They have not removed my details. They do, however invite you to phone them for £1.50 a minute to remove your details!! :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: