Complete Sierra For Sale.

Guest john

Hi All,

I have for a sale a Ford Sierra 5-door Hatchback and IMHO is the ideal donor vehicle.

This car has been used by my son for the last year or so, and he has now bought something newer, I have been keeping an eye on it as a future donor, and now I am able to offer it to someone in the group who is about to begin their build.

I can honestly say it starts well, and burns no oil, the 5 speed box feels good, and there is no noise from the gearbox or whine in the diff.

It has covered 90k miles, and is a 'J' reg, ( November 1991 ).

The engine is a 1.6 with carb and autochoke. It sounds smooth with no clatter in the top end.

I built my 2B from a 1.6 donor and found the 1.6 braking system ideal for the lighter kitcar. Its easy to upgrade to a 2.0litre any time. I did.

It was my experience that the 1.6 is a little easier to get through the noise test at SVA, and the upgrade to 2.0 litre is a straight swop .

It does not have power steering, which is good because the rack should be the right one for the kitcar.

The MOT is valid for another 6 months, and it is currently taxed. Its ready to drive away.

You could even use it for 6 months before stripping down.

Price is £ 100, and buyer to collect please, we are near Reading, RG10.

I know these things are getting a bit harder to find lately, so hope someone in the club needs one.

Regards

JP.

• 2 weeks later...

Going .....Going.........

This thing has to be off my driveway soon, so if there are no needy builders out there, its going to the scrappy or the local firebrigade for practicing RTA rescues.

Shame really, its just what I would want as a donor.

C'mon, somebody take it !!!!

John

Could be interested as building S7 and still need lots of bits including registration document. I do have 2.0 l engine but 1600 for SVA would be good and means I have more time to fully rebuild.

Train journey not to far to Reading from Bath to pick up.

Do you know if the dials fit into a S7?

Regards

Kim

I blinkin' knew it !!!! :gdit: :gdit:

Only yesterday i sold it for peanuts to a guy who doesn't need all of it , but I was keen to get rid, so its gone now. Sorry.

PS he is a new member who has just ordered his kit. Perhaps he will let you have some of the bits he doesn't need.

GRRR!!!